What is the default Postgres password?

Not applicable

We are running 4.15.07 on-prem. I want to look into Postgres using an external tool (not running on localhost) and need the default password for the apigee user. It appears to be encrypted in the config file. Does anyone know what the clear-text default password is?

Solved Solved
0 11 7,823
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable
11 REPLIES 11

Not applicable

Hi

@Jeff Nadeau, the password is postgres. Because of security issue I have replied ONLY to you. Please don't put the password in public and close the issue.

Thanks,

Sanjoy

Not applicable

Thanks @Sanjoy Bose!

I have this same question. Was there an answer? It looks as if there was one but it was later deleted.

@Eric Dahl , Sent an Email with same information.

I would also like to use an external DB client to run some queries.

Can you tell me what the default password is, or better yet what steps should I use on the PG host to create a read-only PG user so I can query the analytics data externally?

@Alan Miller , Sent an email.

I have the same question. Wanted to login on Postgres on prem db.

@Chandra, Sent email

Thanks, it works

Even im looking for options to query data in psql externally, is there any ref please?

Not applicable

Even if the question is marked - answer accepted and closed. I did not find the information i was looking for related to the default password.

For those who is still looking for it. Find the default password from the installer script.

"/opt/apigee/apigee-postgresql/lib/actions/setup"

look for POSTGRES_PASSWORD=********