simple start point, like a Hello World?

Not applicable

Folks...obviously total newbie. What would you developers recommend in terms of Hello World type exercise that goes through a simple request/response exercise in apigee from coding to dev or sandbox deployment? For example...

I have an Edge account with a Dashboard, and 4 "enabled" features...API Man., API BaaS, etc.

I did some sample requests in Console..but:

1. how to save that request code ? Where, how in apigee? I an App Proxy needed?

2. how to deploy that code and some results handling for beta testing on phone or through simple web site from within scope of apigee environment?

3. is a Developer Portal needed for creating and saving requests and response handling code? I was following this Eatery tutorial* and it says to "request a Dev. Portal". Yet, I also read Dev. Portal COMES with the Edge account, but what is URL for my Dev Portal that was supposedly created?

Somewhat confusing as I think training videos are out-of-sync with Edge..

*http://academy.apigee.com/courses/elearning/Basics-of-Developer-Portal/basics-of-developer-portal/Security/How-to-get-a-Developer-Portal

Solved Solved
0 2 859
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sgilson
Participant V

The doc has a number of tutorials that you can use to get started:

You can also download a bunch of runnable samples from Git. These samples all come with README files that describe what they do and how to run them. For more info, see this page in the doc.

Stephen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Dear @Steve Garrison ,

Welcome to Apigee Community 🙂

I believe you hit the wrong start button, You should start from Foundation Training tutorial in Apigee E-Learning.

If you are thinking about APIs, here is what i suggest,

• Build API Proxies using Apigee Edge ,
  • Use BaaS if you need to store data,
  • Use Developer Portal, If you would like to onBoard developers & expose API documentation.

I would suggest to follow the order in E-Learning site. Keep us posted if you have any queries along your API journey.

sgilson
Participant V

The doc has a number of tutorials that you can use to get started:

You can also download a bunch of runnable samples from Git. These samples all come with README files that describe what they do and how to run them. For more info, see this page in the doc.

Stephen