is there a way to modify the proxy used by the new API proxy control in the UI?

Not applicable

Solved Solved
0 5 501
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No, but if you just want to use a template -- you can create a proxy with required policies - save it and download it [it will give you a zip file].

when you create new proxy, you can start from 'API Bundle' option and use the previously downloaded zip file as template

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

adas

@Benjamin Goldman Can you be a little more specific about what exactly you are looking for. I am assuming you are referring to the new API Proxy wizard in the UI that let's you create a new proxy and comes up with a list of options, is that correct ?

Thats the one. Is there a way to customize or modify this or the base proxies it uses?

No, but if you just want to use a template -- you can create a proxy with required policies - save it and download it [it will give you a zip file].

when you create new proxy, you can start from 'API Bundle' option and use the previously downloaded zip file as template

Thanks - this is what I thought. I wanted to make sure of this before I pushed back on something over here.

Not applicable

Hi @Benjamin Goldman, I know you asked for this through the UI. However, the trend is to also leverage offline tools that can help developers achieve higher productivity by leveraging the command line, IDEs, Apigeetool, and the Management API. For those customers, I typically advise them to leverage Sublime, Atom.io, WebStorm and API Proxy Generators such as Yeoman Apigee Proxy Generator. The later can be customized to include any number of policies and templates based on user inputs from CLI questionnaires.