Can't view flow variables in trace

I am unable to view the flow variables in the trace session. It shows up as undefined: null. Can someone pls tell me what could be the issue?

Solved Solved
0 4 735
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi Nagashree,

I'm not sure if this will help you, but without knowing more details about your proxy, it's good to understand when flow variables show up in the Trace Tool.

Flow variables will show up following execution of a policy ("under the Variables heading) when (a) the variable was read by a policy and (b) the variable was read and set by a policy:

http://apigee.com/docs/api-services/content/using-trace-tool-0

• Variables Read -- Lists the flow variables that were read by a policy. See also Introduction to flow variables.
  • Variables Read and Assigned -- Lists the flow variables that were read and assigned a value by a policy.

I'd say be double-check that whatever policy is setting the variable is setting a valid value.

View solution in original post

Not applicable

It sounds like you are using the "Classic" version of trace. I would recommend using the "Beta" version and see if that resolves the issue for you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Nagashree,

I'm not sure if this will help you, but without knowing more details about your proxy, it's good to understand when flow variables show up in the Trace Tool.

Flow variables will show up following execution of a policy ("under the Variables heading) when (a) the variable was read by a policy and (b) the variable was read and set by a policy:

http://apigee.com/docs/api-services/content/using-trace-tool-0

• Variables Read -- Lists the flow variables that were read by a policy. See also Introduction to flow variables.
  • Variables Read and Assigned -- Lists the flow variables that were read and assigned a value by a policy.

I'd say be double-check that whatever policy is setting the variable is setting a valid value.

Slight correction -- "..when (a) the variable was read by a policy and (b) the variable was read and set by a policy" should be "read by a policy or (b) the variable was read and set..." Either case will show up in Trace.

Will: In trace, I have examples where not all the variables are listed at the top of the view. If there is an "and" condition which requires multiple variables to be read, trace will just list the first one read. Is this a bug or just because the first of the "and" condition is true so that's the only one displayed? Why are there differences between trace displays between Step conditions and Flow conditions?

Not applicable

It sounds like you are using the "Classic" version of trace. I would recommend using the "Beta" version and see if that resolves the issue for you.