Can we mix whether routers and message processors are on same box?

Not applicable

Our private cloud deployment currently has routers and message processors on separate boxes, which is working fine. I need to provide hot failover capacity and I'm considering putting the router and message processor on the same box to save servers. Is there an issue with a hybrid environment like that--where some boxes have only routers, some have only message processors, and some have both? I can't think of a reason but any confirmation would be great. Thanks.

Solved Solved
0 2 237
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

Hi @Jeff Nadeau,

It is possible to have the hybrid environment like you mentioned in the question. You can run the router/message-processor on same host or on different hosts. There won't be any issues running these components on same box or different boxes. Please let me know if you have any more questions. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Archendra

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

Hi @Jeff Nadeau,

It is possible to have the hybrid environment like you mentioned in the question. You can run the router/message-processor on same host or on different hosts. There won't be any issues running these components on same box or different boxes. Please let me know if you have any more questions. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Archendra

Great, thanks @archendra