Analytics Data Displayed even after deletion of API

Not applicable

Hi,

API is deleted from Edge and In Analytics ( Top Proxy performance ,or proxy performance) , Analytics data is displayed for the deleted API . How to disable or remove data for the deleted API ..

0 5 179
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, the historical data will continue to show in analytics since we recorded traffic for the API. You should not see any new data for the deleted API. So,if you narrow your time range to dates that are after the API got deleted, you should not see any data for the deleted API.

But how can I delete unwanted data on analytics or archive it for a long run?

Thanks

Hari.

@Hari Prasad I do not think you can delete the data selectively. If you are using Apigee enterprise in the cloud then based on your plan Apigee will delete all the data after a certain time (which based on the plan you are subscribed to can be 6months/1 year etc.) . But that will delete all the data and not something you can do selectively.

As @spadmanabhan mentioned your best bet is to do better selective filtering of the data when visualizing the report.

For archiving the data you can download the data periodically using Analytics Rest APIs. If you are running Apigee on-prem then you can use command line tools to do the backup.

@sarthak, @spadmanabhan If we re-create the proxy with same name, will the old analytic data sync with new data?

@asurajpai For some of the analytics like Proxy performance etc. which shows graphs based on proxy names it should. But not sure if every graph and chart will. And we need to test it, I havn't tested it.