Target Fault Handling overrides not showing up in analytics correctly.

Not applicable

We have a proxy which we are building - and we have overridden the success.codes property to include 412 response codes as successes along with 1xx, 2xx, and 3xx codes. There is a long story behind why -so please assume we must do this. here is the problem: when we run this we see things working correctly in the trace:

1312-error-code-mixup.jpg And when we look at the Proxy Performance analytics dashboard for this proxy we also see things mostly okay:

1313-error-code-mixup-2.jpg

BUT - when we look at the error analysis for this proxy things are a little bit backwards. When we look at the "Total target Errors" we still see 412 listed as an error.

1314-error-code-mixup-3.jpg

This makes management a bit complicated and are wondering if anyone has anything to say about how to resolve this problem.

Solved Solved
4 2 276
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Benjamin Goldman

Great finding & thank you for highlighting same.

As far as I know, I don't think it is supported in Analytics dashboard as of today. It is a bug indeed. Proxy errors are calculated based on Success.Codes property and hence you see no issues while viewing proxy performance with Total Traffic dimension. Most probably this edge case has been missed while developing Error Analysis Analytics Dashboard. We will take it up with the respective team to fix the issue. We will keep you posted.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Benjamin Goldman

Great finding & thank you for highlighting same.

As far as I know, I don't think it is supported in Analytics dashboard as of today. It is a bug indeed. Proxy errors are calculated based on Success.Codes property and hence you see no issues while viewing proxy performance with Total Traffic dimension. Most probably this edge case has been missed while developing Error Analysis Analytics Dashboard. We will take it up with the respective team to fix the issue. We will keep you posted.

Not applicable

Hi @Benjamin Goldman the error analysis is shown based on absolute response code from target. It does not take into account the overrides. The proxy performance does and therefore considers it as success.