In 5 Node Cluster Setup In which m/c i Do i install apigee tool ?

Not applicable

In 5 Node Cluster Setup In which m/c Do i install apigee tool ? Should this be installed on M/c where both message processor is installed or need to install where Mgmt server/UI is installed .

Solved Solved
0 6 161
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Not applicable

I'm assuming you mean apigeetool ... If not, then kindly ignore this answer :) Apigeetool would normally be on another machine like your laptop or a CI (Jenkins, teamcity, etc) and connects to the management server to do it's work. I wouldn't expect apigeetool to be run actively from the mgmt-server proper, but there's nothing technically wrong with doing so.

/geir

View solution in original post

adas

@Sumacv The apigeetool only makes management api calls to import/deploy apiproxies. It doesn't need to be installed in any of the machines which for your core apigee installation. You can run apigeetool from your local machine (developer laptop or some other client machine) as long as your management server api endpoints are accessible from that machine. If you do not want to run the apigeetool, in a separate box, you can have it installed in the management server as well. In principle, the apigeetool doesn't have any dependencies on any of the components and should work like a standalone utility.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@Sumacv , Are you talking about Apigee Node Tool ?

Yes Apigee tool to deploynodeapp .

Not applicable

I'm assuming you mean apigeetool ... If not, then kindly ignore this answer :) Apigeetool would normally be on another machine like your laptop or a CI (Jenkins, teamcity, etc) and connects to the management server to do it's work. I wouldn't expect apigeetool to be run actively from the mgmt-server proper, but there's nothing technically wrong with doing so.

/geir

Thanks for the information

adas

@Sumacv The apigeetool only makes management api calls to import/deploy apiproxies. It doesn't need to be installed in any of the machines which for your core apigee installation. You can run apigeetool from your local machine (developer laptop or some other client machine) as long as your management server api endpoints are accessible from that machine. If you do not want to run the apigeetool, in a separate box, you can have it installed in the management server as well. In principle, the apigeetool doesn't have any dependencies on any of the components and should work like a standalone utility.

Thanks for the information