is it possible to add native(!) node.js modules in apigee Edge?

Not applicable

Hi,

as I didn't get an answer an my comment in another thread (http://community.apigee.com/comments/853/view.html) I'm posting this as a new question.

Is it possible to use native modules, e.g. modules which need compilation on the target platform, in apigee Edge?

I'm especially interested in the couchbase module (https://www.npmjs.com/package/couchbase).

Is there a way to cross compile it or something?

Thanks in advance, Tim.

Solved Solved
0 2 608
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

I'm sorry you didn't get an answer on this earlier. I had a problem opening the previous issue, but I'm glad to give an answer now. Thank you for being persistent.

Our Node implementation doesn't support native modules. Often things that require native code have workarounds that allow them to work even if the native code is not supported. I'm not sure if that is the case for Couchbase. You'll need to research with them if they have that support. Given the way we did our node implementation, this is unlikely to change in the near future.

Please contact us if we can help answer any further questions, including any specific questions from the Couchbase team.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

I'm sorry you didn't get an answer on this earlier. I had a problem opening the previous issue, but I'm glad to give an answer now. Thank you for being persistent.

Our Node implementation doesn't support native modules. Often things that require native code have workarounds that allow them to work even if the native code is not supported. I'm not sure if that is the case for Couchbase. You'll need to research with them if they have that support. Given the way we did our node implementation, this is unlikely to change in the near future.

Please contact us if we can help answer any further questions, including any specific questions from the Couchbase team.

Thanks for the answer, Michael.

Too bad there is and will be no way to use native modules, but now i know which modules to consider using at all.