How to remove Welcome message in Apigee Responsive theme in dev Portal

I want to remove the Welcome Message section in the Apigee Responsive Theme.

I have seen this discussion and have gone through http://apigee.com/docs/developer-services/content/customizing-theme and http://apigee.com/docs/developer-services/content/customize-appearance , but in none of these places it talks about how to remove it.

1286-remove-welcome-message.png

As you can see behind the blue background there is a white section and a slightly darker section . And then there is the area where you write Welcome message where I have currently written HI. I want a uniform rectangle background where the blue image will fit in nicely.

As you can see because of the shape of the bg the image is not fitting and I have no way to remove altogether the Welcome message.

I don't need to change anything else in the theme so hoping to achieve this without creating a sub-theme.

Sarthak

Solved Solved
0 8 503
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@sarthak

Yes, It's a default behaviour in any Apigee Developer Portal. Apigee Responsive theme doesn't give any configurations options out of the box to remove it or modify it. The only way you can get rid of it is using custom sub theme of Apigee Responsive theme by modifying templates & css. Let me know if you need details to remove it in detail.

Welcome message is hardcoded in page.tpl.php, it's not possible to delete or modify same with out help of subtheme.

<div>
          <?php if (theme_get_setting('welcome_message')): ?>
            <h1><?php print theme_get_setting('welcome_message'); ?></h1>
          <?php else: ?>
            <h1><span>Welcome</span><br />to the <span><?php print $site_name ?></span></h1>
          <?php endif; ?>
        </div>

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

@sarthak , Can you share the portal url to investigate same ?

This is the behaviour in any portal OOB with Apigee Responsive theme. I can override this with a custom theme. But not able to customize it in the Apigee responsive theme

P.S. In the above image the speech bubble and the rectangle box is added by me , It is obvious but still wanted to state it 🙂

@sarthak

Yes, It's a default behaviour in any Apigee Developer Portal. Apigee Responsive theme doesn't give any configurations options out of the box to remove it or modify it. The only way you can get rid of it is using custom sub theme of Apigee Responsive theme by modifying templates & css. Let me know if you need details to remove it in detail.

Welcome message is hardcoded in page.tpl.php, it's not possible to delete or modify same with out help of subtheme.

<div>
          <?php if (theme_get_setting('welcome_message')): ?>
            <h1><?php print theme_get_setting('welcome_message'); ?></h1>
          <?php else: ?>
            <h1><span>Welcome</span><br />to the <span><?php print $site_name ?></span></h1>
          <?php endif; ?>
        </div>

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

Hmmm ok .... this helps. Not the answer I was looking for , but helps still 🙂

@Anil Sagar So with this php block I can play with the text... do you know what creates the background colour and the Groove shape ? I want to remove the space where the welcome message is written to make it a uniform rectangle box.

@sarthak , You mean grey background color ?

@sarthak ,

Below css should solve your issue and remove the html mentioned in the answer,

.front .page-header {
    background: none;
    border-bottom: none;
    border-top: none;
    box-shadow: none;
    margin-top: 0;
    padding-top: 20px;
}

See screenshot below for reference,

1287-screen-shot-2015-10-01-at-125230-pm.png

This is in which file, the css ? @Anil Sagar

Yes, style.css inside your subtheme css folder.