Multiple Dev Portals

Not applicable

Hello --

Can Multiple Drupal/Portal connections be configured with a single Apigee edge organization? My goal is to configure an additional forward facing development portal with an existing private development portal. Each portal will share the same Apigee Edge organization environment. Is this acceptable in terms of configuration and how can I go through the set up process? Are there any known issues with such setup?

Example:

Portal.website1.com is Private and connects to organization org_1 in Apigee.

Portal.website2.com is Public facing site and also connects to org_1 in Apigee.

Solved Solved
0 4 1,141
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear @mnewman ,

Welcome to Apigee Community.

Yes, It's possible. In fact cloud developer portal has 3 instances of developer portal sites connected to same org. Dev, Test, Prod. Please find details below.

• Apigee Developer Portal doesn't store any APP related data directly on developer portal database. It calls management api to create developer apps, developers.
  • Apigee Developer Portal sync with Apigee Edge to push & pull information related to developer apps.
  • For example, If you create any user in instance A (DEV) , you will end up with same user in instance B (Test).
  • APP related data is dynamically fetched from Apigee Edge using management API. No matter what where you create apps, you will still see same app in another instance of developer portal.

Can Multiple Drupal/Portal connections be configured with a single Apigee edge organization ?

• Yes, Possible. If you are on cloud, you get 3 instances of developer portal. Dev and Test you can use it as internal. You don't need to buy any additional license if above solves your requirement.
  • On Prem, Yes, It's possible. Regarding license of multiple versions of developer portal you need to check with Apigee.

Each portal will share the same Apigee Edge organization environment. Is this acceptable in terms of configuration and how can I go through the set up process ?

• Yes, Its acceptable. Just install another instance like a normal apigee developer portal installation. Apigee Developer portal is built on top of famous Drupal CMS. Install in a different machine or deferent folder of apache root & configure virtual hosts according to that.

Are there any known issues with such setup ?

• I don't think so. Because, we have proven setup in cloud where Dev, Test, Prod instances connected to same org

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I believe It can be done. I did such a setup sometime back , havn't tested it very thoroughly though.

I think it has license implications though. Are you using Apigee in cloud or on-prem ?

Dear @mnewman ,

Welcome to Apigee Community.

Yes, It's possible. In fact cloud developer portal has 3 instances of developer portal sites connected to same org. Dev, Test, Prod. Please find details below.

• Apigee Developer Portal doesn't store any APP related data directly on developer portal database. It calls management api to create developer apps, developers.
  • Apigee Developer Portal sync with Apigee Edge to push & pull information related to developer apps.
  • For example, If you create any user in instance A (DEV) , you will end up with same user in instance B (Test).
  • APP related data is dynamically fetched from Apigee Edge using management API. No matter what where you create apps, you will still see same app in another instance of developer portal.

Can Multiple Drupal/Portal connections be configured with a single Apigee edge organization ?

• Yes, Possible. If you are on cloud, you get 3 instances of developer portal. Dev and Test you can use it as internal. You don't need to buy any additional license if above solves your requirement.
  • On Prem, Yes, It's possible. Regarding license of multiple versions of developer portal you need to check with Apigee.

Each portal will share the same Apigee Edge organization environment. Is this acceptable in terms of configuration and how can I go through the set up process ?

• Yes, Its acceptable. Just install another instance like a normal apigee developer portal installation. Apigee Developer portal is built on top of famous Drupal CMS. Install in a different machine or deferent folder of apache root & configure virtual hosts according to that.

Are there any known issues with such setup ?

• I don't think so. Because, we have proven setup in cloud where Dev, Test, Prod instances connected to same org

@Anil Sagar @ Google

We are using on-prem apigee edge. We have three different groups each have their own organization. Can we have three different portals configured for each group (organization). Is three the limitation for one apigee edge ( I am not talking about environments within an environment we need three different portals)

@Ravi M , Please post as a separate question & provide example. Question is still not very clear. Tag me in the new question.