9 node single DC to HA upgrade question, is it necessary to recreate?

Not applicable

On Premises - OPDK

Planning to upgrade from a single 9 node cluster to a full blown HA. Is it possible to just augment the current clusters or is it necessary to recreate an entirely new build?

--SF905436--

Solved Solved
0 3 167
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Not applicable

Hi there!

I assume this is how your 9 node cluster will look like:

a: 3 nodes ZK/C* (one node will be running LDA, Management server and UI as well)

b: 2 nodes RMP

c: 2 nodes QPID

d: 2 nodes PG

So this scenario introduces a master-standby replication between two Postgres nodes if Analytics statistics are mission critical. Now, if you are planning to upgrade the same setup to a full blown HA, I'll recommend you to work with support to upgrade it. It is definitely possible to convert the same setup to HA.

Thanks,

Archendra

View solution in original post

adas

@Arjav Goswami You should be able to augment the existing cluster to a 13-node or higher and make all the components truly HA. If you follow the Operations Guide documentation, you should be able to do it pretty easily. Thanks for asking the question though, because this is something majority of our customers might have in their mind as well.

@sgilson This might be an interesting topic for lot of our on-premise customers. Do you think you could write up a community article on this and have it referenced in the docs would help ?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

Hi there!

I assume this is how your 9 node cluster will look like:

a: 3 nodes ZK/C* (one node will be running LDA, Management server and UI as well)

b: 2 nodes RMP

c: 2 nodes QPID

d: 2 nodes PG

So this scenario introduces a master-standby replication between two Postgres nodes if Analytics statistics are mission critical. Now, if you are planning to upgrade the same setup to a full blown HA, I'll recommend you to work with support to upgrade it. It is definitely possible to convert the same setup to HA.

Thanks,

Archendra

adas

@Arjav Goswami You should be able to augment the existing cluster to a 13-node or higher and make all the components truly HA. If you follow the Operations Guide documentation, you should be able to do it pretty easily. Thanks for asking the question though, because this is something majority of our customers might have in their mind as well.

@sgilson This might be an interesting topic for lot of our on-premise customers. Do you think you could write up a community article on this and have it referenced in the docs would help ?

@arghya das I can work with the engineering team on this process and try to get it int he doc for the next release.

Stephen