SAP or APIGEE certification

I am experienced SAP SOA integration professional trying to get hands on experience in APIGEE.

Since we know APIGEE is partnering with SAP for sap api management - will SAP have its own certification for API management or will have to follow APIGEE certification?

Reason i am asking is - The normal SAP certification would cost 400 USD while APIGEE costs 750 USD.

PS: i dont know if i should ask the above to SAP or APIGEE 🙂

Solved Solved
1 5 1,423
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear @Sujith Mathew ,

Great Question & You are welcome to ask in Apigee Community as long as question has reference to Apigee 🙂

Will SAP have its own certification for API management or will have to follow APIGEE certification?

As far as i know, SAP currently doesn't have any API Management Certification. If they announce same, you are welcome to take it & you will be called SAP API Management Certified.

Apigee Certification :

Apigee Certification not only deals with API Management but also other APIGEE related features & products like Apigee BaaS, API Lifecycle Management, API Documentation, Security Practices, Node.JS etc.

So there is a significant difference between just API Management & APIGEE Certification. May be that justifies additional cost 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Dear @Sujith Mathew ,

Great Question & You are welcome to ask in Apigee Community as long as question has reference to Apigee 🙂

Will SAP have its own certification for API management or will have to follow APIGEE certification?

As far as i know, SAP currently doesn't have any API Management Certification. If they announce same, you are welcome to take it & you will be called SAP API Management Certified.

Apigee Certification :

Apigee Certification not only deals with API Management but also other APIGEE related features & products like Apigee BaaS, API Lifecycle Management, API Documentation, Security Practices, Node.JS etc.

So there is a significant difference between just API Management & APIGEE Certification. May be that justifies additional cost 🙂

Slightly confused here... @Anil Sagar i was under the impression that SAP api management = the entire APIGEE. From your post above it seems APIGEE have lot more than SAP api management offers.

PS: Do you have any link etc to clear my above confusion?

by the way, i checked SAP and they do not have api management certification (yet) 🙂

@Sujith Mathew , Apigee has multiple products in the eco space of APIs. For Example, Apigee Insights which is predictive analytics platform, Apigee Link which is API First IoT Platform, Apigee - 127 an open source Node.JS api platform, Apigee BaaS - Apigee Backend As A Service which is very helpful for building mobile Apps. Though not all of them covered in Apigee Certification but some definitely. I don't think SAP API Management covers Apigee BaaS.

Thanks @Anil Sagar , you cleared a lot of stuff.

Anytime 🙂