Analytics not showing up in newly created orgs. What could be the issue and what are the steps to resolve the issue?

Solved Solved
0 9 1,307
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please follow the below steps:

1. check if following tables are present in Postgres. \d analytics."accountmanagement.Common.agg_app" \d analytics."accountmanagement.Common.fact";

If the tables do not exist, check the connection between Zookeeper and Postgres and then restart, PG-agent and again check if the above two tables have been created.

While restarting look at the Postgres logs at /opt/apigee4/var/log/apigee/postgres-server/logs/system.log for Zookeeper errors.

2. If above two tables exist, then look if the data is present in accountmanagement.Common.fact table:

select count from analytics."accountmanagement.Common.fact"

If data is present, then restart the Management Servers. If data is not present then perform a rolling restart of QPIDs and RMPs. This should ideally solve the issue.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Not applicable

Hi,

Is this in the apigee cloud or in a private cloud installation? If you've just created the org you sometimes have to wait a few minutes for the data to start showing up in reports and the dashboards.

/geir

@Geir Sjurseth This is for a private cloud installation.

jhans
Participant II

What are the orgs?

Check if Analytics is on boarded using

curl http://mgmt:8080/v1/o/orgname/e/envname/provisioning/axstatus

Please follow the below steps:

1. check if following tables are present in Postgres. \d analytics."accountmanagement.Common.agg_app" \d analytics."accountmanagement.Common.fact";

If the tables do not exist, check the connection between Zookeeper and Postgres and then restart, PG-agent and again check if the above two tables have been created.

While restarting look at the Postgres logs at /opt/apigee4/var/log/apigee/postgres-server/logs/system.log for Zookeeper errors.

2. If above two tables exist, then look if the data is present in accountmanagement.Common.fact table:

select count from analytics."accountmanagement.Common.fact"

If data is present, then restart the Management Servers. If data is not present then perform a rolling restart of QPIDs and RMPs. This should ideally solve the issue.

Not applicable

Also if this is 15.04 release you may need to run apigee-postgres-register.sh ... If you're not on that release you should be able to safely skip that.

Otherwise, I agree with Akash that you should check axstatus and whether the tables are setup.

/geir

@Geir Sjurseth

Hi Geir,

Thanks for your input above. I notice you used the word "may" regarding whether the register postgres shell script would need to be run.

So does it need to be run or not? I am seeing the OP's issue and I am on 4.15.04.03, but if I "may" need to run it, lol that doesn't exactly lend much confidence either way.

Please clarify. Thanks for your help!

Best, Chris

@Geir Sjurseth

Follow-up question: is there any way to tell whether not the script has ever been run? One of our engineers said they may have run it, but I wan't to verify whether they did or not. Is there any way to tell? Thanks again!

Best,

Chris

Not applicable

@Chris Covney

It was an anomaly with the 15.04 release is all. If you're on 15.04 (and you are) then you need to manually run that script to enable analytics after you setup your organization. I should have used stronger language of course 🙂

Shouldn't hurt to rerun it. All it does is register the AX server with the analytics POD.You can view this by runing some commands directly on the management server to query.

For example, this should return the analytics server information for my local setup (including postgres):

http://mgmt-server-address:8080/v1/servers?region=dc-1&pod=analytics

I would expect to see that setup laid out in json where I've queried for dc-1 and the analytics pod (default for analytics).

Hope this helps.

/geir

@Geir Sjurseth

Thanks a lot! Very helpful info.