how to change the create APP api in developer portal

nikhi_pk
Participant III

Hi All,

I want to create app under the company. Currently it is storing under organization. Kindly let me know where exactly I have to change.

Solved Solved
0 9 258
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@nikhil That is technical not true. You can create companies, company apps and etc without monetization feature. You will need to use the Apigee PHP SDK in your custom Drupal module to make the same calls you will make at URL you provided above. You will create your own forms to collect the data and also create your own views to display the data in your portal. When you create a company app, you will see the name of the company in edge when you look up the app and the developer column for the app will be blank.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @Nikhil,

Company feature is available only in portals with Monetization enabled. Do you have a monetization enabled org?

Hi @Mukundha Madhavan

Thanks for your quick reply. I am very new to apigee. and regarding your answer Montetization module is disabled in developer portal. If I enable the module, Can I create app under company?..

Also is there any way without Montetization module I can achieve this?

unfortunately, no. you need monetization to use this feature and monetization is add-on available to our paid customers.

Having said that, technically it might be possible to customize the drupal module to provide this functionality, but it could be hard without the domain knowledge

@Mukundha Madhavan

I am looking for a solution like this. When a user created an app it should reside under the company.

ref: http://apigee.com/docs/api/api_methods/98-create-a...

also the developer should be associated with the app. later point I want to separate private and public apps under the company.

I am looking for a solution like this. When a user created an app it should reside under the company.

ref: http://apigee.com/docs/api/api_methods/98-create-a...

also the developer should be associated with the app. later point I want to separate private and public apps under the company.

@Nikhil , Unfortunately it's not supported in free orgs. For more details check our pricing. Monetization is available only for Paid Customers as an add on.

@Anil Sagar : You mean to say I can not create an app under company without Monetization even if I called the /companies/{company_name}/apps/{app_name} url from my custom module

Yes Exactly @Nikhil ... Monetization APIs doesn't work from developer portal.

@nikhil That is technical not true. You can create companies, company apps and etc without monetization feature. You will need to use the Apigee PHP SDK in your custom Drupal module to make the same calls you will make at URL you provided above. You will create your own forms to collect the data and also create your own views to display the data in your portal. When you create a company app, you will see the name of the company in edge when you look up the app and the developer column for the app will be blank.