Can you migrate an app from one developer to another?

Not applicable

If I have an app, app1, registered to developer1, is it possbile to migrate the app to developer2? Ideally, I would like the existing clientId and secret to migrate over as well.

1 2 198
2 REPLIES 2

Dear @hnacino1 ,

It's not supported out of the box, but there is a way to achieve same with some constraints. Please find steps below.

• Read Existing App1
  • Store details
  • Delete App1
  • Create a new App (App2) with same details of App1 using developer2 email address
  • Delete App2 Consumer Key / Secret Key
  • Update App2 with App1 consumer key & Secret

We have seen issues with cassandra Consistency if API calls are made with minimum delay. As long as delay between deleting App1 & Creating App2 is more than 2 - 5 minutes it works. This was tried almost an year back. Not sure how it works today.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

adas
Participant V

@hnacino1 If I understood your requirement correctly, what you are asking for is change of ownership of an app from one developer to the other. This is not supported out of the box in EDGE as of today. The steps mentioned by @Anil Sagar would work in most cases, but remember that you would have to delete and recreate the app, and then create the same key and secret as before. As part of this the following things would get changed:

- created/updated timestamp

- createdby/updatedby

- appId uuid

If you are okay with these meta data information getting changed, you may want to proceed with the steps mentioned above.