Who is product owner of the "Export Admin Logs to BigQuery" feature? Google Workspace, or Cloud?

Who is product owner of the "Export Admin Logs to BigQuery" feature?

Is it Google Workspace, or Google Cloud?

When I contact support to ask any questions I get sent in a loop. Google Workspace support says they are only responsible for the screens that setup the process in the Admin Console. Google Cloud support says this is a feature of Google Workspace so its not in their realm.

How do we ask questions about this feature?

If we want to suggest feature ideas, where do we ask for them?

0 3 172
3 REPLIES 3

I'm not 100% sure about which side "owns" the export to BigQuery, but my guess is that it would be the Workspace side of the house, as from the GCP side, it probably just looks like another service leveraging BigQuery's standard capabilities.

So, if you have a feature to suggest, it'd be best to post it in the Feature Ideas section here. Doing so will allow it to be upvoted by others and possibly considered as a future feature enhancement.

If you do not already have access, you need to request it first. See https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/custom/page/page-id/Workspace-Feature-Ideas-FAQ for how to do that.

Once you have access, go to https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Feature-Ideas/gh-p/workspace-ideas-group . There, you can upvote and comment on any similar idea, or post a new idea.

If you are submitting a feature idea, be sure to explain the problem that you're trying to solve with the feature idea, not just the idea itself. For example, saying "when my users are trying to do 'A', they often get confused by the fact that the buttons to do 'X' and to do 'Y' look quite similar to each other, which leads to this unintended consequence" is far more likely to get fixed than a feature idea that just says "change the color of the button 'Y'".

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks Ian

But I am looking for an actual answer from the Google Product Team on this one.

For what itโ€™s worth, as this is a community site, itโ€™s quite uncommon for members of any of Googleโ€™s product teams to participate here. The great majority of participants are not Googlers, and what Googlers you do see here are generally a part of the team that runs this site, not members of the product teams.