Move folders from "Computers" to "My Drive"

Hey there

Is there any way to move folders uploaded to  the "My Computer" part of Google Drive, to the "My Drive" part in the cloud? I don't want the files uploaded to be deleted/updated on the cloud.

Solved Solved
1 5 1,754
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks @mlm123 for the information.

1. Using Chrome Browser, If you go to any of the files stored on Drive > "My computer", and do a right click > Organize > Move 
  2. Once the dialog window for Move the file appears > Select "All locations" and select My drive, still with the same error?

Do you have any screenshot?

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @mlm123 ,

Hope you're doing well! You can just simply do the following:

• Open your Drive on Chrome Browser
  • Expand and navigate where you want to locate the files stored on "My Computer"
  • Then select those files
  • Drag and Drop on "My Drive"

Is this what you're looking for? Are you receiving any error when you're doing that? Are you out of storage?

Regards

Hi there, thanks for the response.

I get an 'the server has encountered an error, please try again' error everytime I try to drag and drop. I have plenty of storage space left (2TB and i'm trying to move folders that add up to less than 1TB).

Individual files and folders only a few MB in size seem to work ok by dragging and dropping, just not larger folders.

Thanks @mlm123 for the information.

1. Using Chrome Browser, If you go to any of the files stored on Drive > "My computer", and do a right click > Organize > Move 
  2. Once the dialog window for Move the file appears > Select "All locations" and select My drive, still with the same error?

Do you have any screenshot?

Regards

Thanks! That worked!

Hi Matt,

Is it possible to do this in the Reverse?  I need to move folders/files from MyDrive --> "My computer"

Drive would not allow me to do it. Please advise.  Thanks.