Introduction - print("Hello, World!")

G'day, Hello, Good afternoon!

I'm so excited to be writing this! - I can hardly contain my enthusiasm!As you can probably tell from the first word in this (probably) long paragraph I hail from Australia. <Culturally I refer to myself as a 'banana' for legal reasons that was intended as humour>. My legal name is Kate, but I prefer Kat. I work on lots of projects, and hobbies in both the creative industries and STEM. (But you know that already dont'cha Google ๐Ÿ˜‰

LOVE everything, and everyone - in this current (universe/system/network/primordial soup) that allows us to;

1. Facilitates learning and growth
  2. Engages our senses
  3. Excites 
  4. Innovates
  5. Shifts systems/incites change
  6. Saves lives
  7. Brings understanding, empathy, and unification

Q3: "What expertise do you have to share or what are you learning?"

OOOOOoooohhh. I love questions like these. 

I am learning;

-that what you assign value, is what will have significance

-the unspoken and unseen symbiotic nature and structure of the things around us

-just how interdependent our fragile little state of 'homeostasis' really is

-how every second that passes; its important to remember that we as a collective, (those living and breathing organically or inorganically) ARE ON THE PINNACLE AND FOREFRONT FOR CHANGE

-how learning is the best medicine

-the best thinkers need more accommodations to translate the inside to the outside, by all meanings of those carefully selected words. 

-the ends don't always justify the means, but you cannot give up, we are forced by laws we dont truly understand (even to this day)

-Its okay to say "I dont know" or "its outside of my scope of knowledge"

****THAT PLACES LIKE THIS EXIST FINALLY FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME -

WHO GO AGAINST THE GRAIN

ASK THE QUESTIONS, RAISE THEIR HAND IN A SILENT LECTURE HALL

THE ONES THAT KNOW AND ACCEPT HOW MUCH THEY DONT KNOW

THE ONES THAT HEAR THE NEED FOR CONNECTION AND ANSWER THEIR CALL****

Q4: "What would you like to get out of this community?"

This brings me great joy, fuel for my passions. 

I want to carve a path for my little sistercurrently  ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป AGED 13

I need the world to gain understanding of accessibility issues -  and how to overcome them

I need to find her a place amongst STEM industries, I need to facilitate the learning - get the equipment, find the places amongst my limited resources  - so she can never go through what i did, so she can find 'Her Place'

Where she can be accepted, as whoever she wants to be.

This has been my introduction, and for those that can read between the lines

(My beckon to connect to those that think neurodivergently)

-Kat

Solved Solved
2 6 517
6 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Felicidades Kat, estรกs en el lugar mรกs indicado para tus proyectos.s

Sigue con el entusiasmo que tienes, bienvenida al futuro!!

View solution in original post

Welcome, Kat! Thanks for the beautiful and heartwarming message - it brightened my day! I hope this community will bring you joy, and fuel your passions.

- Christian ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

@KatP96 Would like to connect on LinkedIn with you.  https://linkedin.com/in/kmcgrail -KAM

Welcome to the Workspace Community @KatP96 !! What a fabulous introduction!!! So glad to have you in our community!

6 REPLIES 6

Felicidades Kat, estรกs en el lugar mรกs indicado para tus proyectos.s

Sigue con el entusiasmo que tienes, bienvenida al futuro!!

@KatP96 All the best!!

Welcome, Kat! Thanks for the beautiful and heartwarming message - it brightened my day! I hope this community will bring you joy, and fuel your passions.

- Christian ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

@KatP96 Would like to connect on LinkedIn with you.  https://linkedin.com/in/kmcgrail -KAM

Welcome to the Workspace Community @KatP96 !! What a fabulous introduction!!! So glad to have you in our community!