Downgrade to Workspace for Non-Profits

Hi Everyone,

I've been donating my time to help out some smaller non-profit sporting clubs here in Australia and I have one that is a bona-fide non-profit organisation, and will qualify for Google Workspace for Non-Profits, however, they have been given some bad advice, and are paying for the Business Standard version.

Is it possible to downgrade them to the free non-profit version once I've received the necessary token?

Solved Solved
0 3 950
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, you should be able to downgrade following the instructions at https://support.google.com/a/answer/9755368?hl=en&ref_topic=10130403, which says "

If you upgraded to a paid G Suite or Google Workspace edition, you can downgrade to your free Google Workspace for Nonprofits subscription.

You can also downgrade from a paid Google Workspace edition to another Google Workspace edition and keep your discounted pricing. For details, go to Change your Google Workspace edition."

It sounds like from the article that basically you will have to contact Google Workspace support for assistance and along the way first downgrade to Business Starter since it does say "

1. Switch to Business Starter edition.
  2. Submit a request to convert your Business Starter subscription to Google Workspace for Nonprofits by contacting Google Workspace support."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi, you should be able to downgrade following the instructions at https://support.google.com/a/answer/9755368?hl=en&ref_topic=10130403, which says "

If you upgraded to a paid G Suite or Google Workspace edition, you can downgrade to your free Google Workspace for Nonprofits subscription.

You can also downgrade from a paid Google Workspace edition to another Google Workspace edition and keep your discounted pricing. For details, go to Change your Google Workspace edition."

It sounds like from the article that basically you will have to contact Google Workspace support for assistance and along the way first downgrade to Business Starter since it does say "

1. Switch to Business Starter edition.
  2. Submit a request to convert your Business Starter subscription to Google Workspace for Nonprofits by contacting Google Workspace support."

hey did this work out for you?
how did you get approved for a not-for-profit? 

I am going through the process of setting up workspaces for my local team and have been rejected by the provider that checks not-for-profits. We 100% are and have an incorporated association certificate from ASIC. 

Sorry, I just spotted this.  Your constitution must clearly state what happens to funds if your organisation folds, and it must also have a statement saying that any income earned is to fund the objects of the organisation, and not distributed to members.  Have a look at the first paragraph on the final page of the constitution linked below, and the distribution for surplus assets paragraph further down the page.  These 2 paragraphs in your constitution make you a not-for-profit.  https://www.qldendurance.asn.au/images/qera-forms/rules/QERAConstitution.pdf