Can't delete new email account - Google Workspace

Hi, 
I am working for a client who wanted a new email account/Google Workspace set up for her existing domain. 
The domain is hosted on SquareSpace and she has an email/GoogleWorkspace already attached there. 
This new email/new GoogleWorkspace account would basically replace the old one and the emails would be forwarded from her old email to the new email.

Thing is I didn't know Google Workspace had to be set up on SquareSpace! I was going through the process of setting it up via Google and stopped when it came to the banking info as I realized the prices for the Google Workspace packages were different than on SquareSpace. I did not enter any banking and therefore could not start a trial either. 

The new email address (that I want and need) is living in the ether in Google. I cannot access it, enter its admin console to delete it nor can I see it from her other accounts because it hasn't been activated (no banking info entered). 

I have tried contacting Google via the form and was hoping they would call me for the time I selected from the dropdown but all I got was a response to my email telling me I just had to enter my banking info?
All I want to do is cancel it so I can use that email account on SquareSpace to register the GoogleWorkspace through there. 

Can you please help me to remove/delete the email account I need so that it is freed up to use on SquareSpace Google Workspace? Everytime I try to log in with the new user account and password I just get redirected to the billing and there is nothing else I am able to do with it. 

Any help is greatly greatly appreciated!

🙂

0 2 203
2 REPLIES 2

@smoke_jumper As I understand you have a subscription active on your domain with Google directly now and you wants to delete it and start a new one with squarespace.

You can try filling the sign up issues form such that you can verify your domain and through which you can sign up to a new account by removing the existing one:

https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/recovery/domain_in_use

Also please note that since square space is a Google Workspace reseller you can always transfer the subscription to the square space.

https://support.google.com/a/answer/7643790

But I am not sure how many days exactly this transfer procedure would take.the article may give you more info on the these.

Thanks for this! 
A Google rep also contacted me via email and said I need to verify the domain first.
I was unable to do this as aforementioned but the rep gave me specs to edit the DNS in SquareSpace. 
I added a new record and did it. It could take up to 24 - 48 hours for it to take effect but once it does I am hoping I can just sign on via SquareSpace. Fingers crossed!

I will try your suggestion next if this fails. Thank you!