Urgent Account Security Issue - Account Hacked and Misused

•  

Dear Gmail Support Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to report a severe security breach regarding my Gmail account, <PII Removed by Staff> which occurred on the 7th of December. It has come to my attention that an unauthorized individual has gained access to my account and has maliciously altered the associated phone number and recovery email address. Moreover, this hacker has exploited my personal information to withdraw funds from my bank account, resulting in significant financial loss. Additionally, they have erased all data from my phone, further complicating the situation.

I have exhausted all available methods to regain control of my account but have been unsuccessful thus far. I have followed the recovery steps provided by Gmail's Account Recovery process, but the hacker has preempted my attempts by changing the recovery information. I kindly request your immediate assistance in recovering my Gmail account or, at the very least, blocking it to prevent the hacker from further exploiting my personal information.

Below are the details of the compromised account:

Gmail Account: <PII Removed by Staff>

I humbly request that you take the following actions to rectify this situation:

1. Account Recovery: I have diligently followed the account recovery process provided by Gmail, but due to the hacker's interference, I have been unable to regain control of my account. I implore you to escalate the recovery process to ensure that the necessary measures are taken to restore my account to its original state.

2. Investigation: Given the severity of this security breach and the financial loss incurred, I kindly request that you conduct a thorough investigation into the unauthorized access to my account and the subsequent misuse of my personal information. Any information gathered during the investigation would be invaluable in pursuing legal action against the perpetrator.

3. Account Suspension: If it is not possible to recover my account immediately, I urgently request that you temporarily suspend it to prevent the hacker from continuing to exploit my personal information. This action will also help safeguard the privacy and security of my sensitive data.

4. Communication: Prompt and regular communication is vital during this distressing situation. I request that you keep me informed of any progress made in resolving this matter. Please provide updates on the actions taken, as well as any additional information or steps required from my end to assist in the investigation and recovery process.

I understand that Gmail handles a vast number of support requests daily, but I sincerely hope that you recognize the urgency and gravity of my situation. I trust in Gmail's commitment to user security and their ability to address such issues promptly and effectively.

I have  any relevant documents, such as bank statements or evidence of unauthorized transactions, that may assist in the investigation process. Please let me know if any further documentation or information is required from my side.

I eagerly await your prompt response and resolution of this distressing situation. Should you require any additional information or clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me at the provided alternative email address: <PII Removed by Staff>

Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter.

Yours sincerely,

Abdulmalik Muhammad

<PII Removed by Staff>

0 3 1,456
3 REPLIES 3

Hello Abdulmalik,

I am sorry to hear about your situation.  I can direct you to the correct resource that can assist with this issue. In this forum, we don't work with the Gmail accounts. However, here is the link to the Gmail help site which also includes a forum to post your questions. Please remember not to include any personal identifiable information in the forum for your protection. Link to Gmail Help and Forum

I hope this does not sound abrasive or disrespectful but I know for a fact the Gmail help community does NOT prefer to get Google Account recovery questions! I know several Gmail PEs and I even knew some of the Gmail CMs in my past life there. The best help community for Account recovery questions is the actual Google Account help community at https://support.google.com/accounts/community?hl=en

The reason this post is considered a Google Account recovery question as opposed to Gmail specific is because Gmail has the exact same username and password as myaccount.google.com and all the other individual products so gaining entrance into it is considered a sign in/log in/account recovery issue. 

Thank you for sharing this perspective Penelope. Not abrasive at all. We always want to hear our customers feedback. I appreciate you sharing the link. I will pass this feedback along. Have a great rest of your day!