Alert grouping

Good afternoon all!

I was wondering if one of the Siemplify Wizards in the community could help me out with alert grouping.

0 12 201
12 REPLIES 12

We have an Exchange connector that pulls header data from attached .eml files within messages that get sent to a specific inbox. See below:

View files in slack

From there using a Visual Family configuration, we specify the headers values that should get assigned as entities:

View files in slack

Then in alert grouping we have the settings below:

View files in slack

But we are still seeing alerts that should be grouped together in separate cases. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Not applicable

Hi @Slinger James
Based on the third image the rule applies only to alerts with the EXACT name in the "Value" column.
The name contains an email address that might change from alert to alert.
This might be a reasons.
What do you think?

Hey @Jenya Shvetsov , thanks for replying. So the connector monitors that inbox specifically so any alerts that come in from that from that connector usually always come from that inbox.

Not applicable

If the Alert Type is exactly the same in all those alert - then should be good.
Just something worth checking.
Also - I would try setting the Grouping Entities to a single entity first.

@Jenya Shvetsov
I see. Can you take a look at the config below and tell me if Siemplify should now properly group the alerts in order?

View files in slack

As you can see, I've changed the configuration so that anything from the Exchange connector should group by generic entity which is specified in the Visual Family configuration.

@Slinger James

@Jenya Shvetsov
I see. Can you take a look at the config below and tell me if Siemplify should now properly group the alerts in order?

View files in slack

Hey @Jenya Shvetsov , thanks for replying. So the connector monitors that inbox specifically so any alerts that come in from that from that connector usually always come from that inbox.