Serious error from qwiklabs for MongoDB game

Dear Google Cloud team,

I am writing to express my disappointment about a recent experience I had with the MongoDB x Google Cloud game. On Wednesday morning, I joined the game through the URL www.cloudskillsboost.google/games/3801, and I was astonished by the unique challenges and opportunities the game offered.

However, to my surprise, when I tried to access the game again, I found that the URL had been replaced with another one, https://www.cloudskillsboost.google/games/3835. I had no idea that the game had been moved to a new URL, and as a result, I missed my chance to participate further as the slots were full.

I find this situation quite unfair and frustrating, as I had been genuinely interested in the game and had put a lot of effort into participating. I believe that this sudden change in URL without any prior notification was a significant factor in my inability to continue playing the game.

As a valued customer of Google Cloud, I believe that it is essential to provide adequate communication and information to customers regarding any changes or updates related to a service. In this case, I was not notified about the change in URL, which caused me to miss out on an exciting opportunity.

I kindly request that you take this matter seriously and ensure that such incidents do not happen in the future. I hope that Google Cloud will prioritize transparency and clear communication with its customers, as it is critical for building trust and a positive user experience.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Anudhyan

@emily927 @Yugali @ankitkumar @carrie  @Lauren_vdv

Attached Screenshots for the proof

Anudhyan_0-1678340133606.png

Anudhyan_1-1678340183653.png

Anudhyan_2-1678340439606.png

6 REPLIES 6

This happened to me as well. Guys you need to look after it. Or you can increase some slots for the game.

They would do such errors and wouldn't accept it. Forget about prizes , even participation and earning the badge makes us feel good. Also this time I had worked on limiting query and would have implemented it when required but ....

Hey team shared orignal game link we joined and completed the game using that link only .

The older link was for the event which ended on dec 22 .

So in this case you need to follow official sources  not relying to any youtuber who bookmarks the link...

Second thing slot related issue the reason behind this is people joining with multiple accounts you can easily see that people posting 6 to 10 goodies on linkedin too.

So for slots the event manager said they won't increase but still we can hope .

Yeah I have also seen people posting multiple swags, which feels bad to me. Why people want everything, let other's also get chance for swags. And about the link, I followed from official mail. The link was not right even in official mal earlier and now it's changed to new game. So I hope due to this confusion manager would consider us and release some more slots. Hoping for good and prepared for worst.

If I go according to your words , suppose lets consider the first picture as a older event which had ended on December 22, then why is written that the game starts from 8th of March 2023 .This link was provided in the mailbox from MongoDB after registering for the event. I joined it with the code. Qwiklabs is doing some serious kind of error . I have reported this strange thing to MongoDB. How could they delete the game and generate a fresh url just to change the badge icon. Only those who are active 24/7 in the internet could join it. The patient observers joined the game but still had to give it a miss due to such gross error from Qwiklabs . The youtube screenshot is just a reference to prove my context, though you cannot particularly deny that this same youtuber puts a lot of effort to complete the labs

Bro I'm wit you in this, but now there's no point of fighting for this. If they really want to increase the slots they would have done till now, but no they are not doing it. So there's no point of speaking when no one is listening. 

Top Labels in this Space