Make your mark by taking the Cloud Digital Leader beta certification exam [Updated]

carrie
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update: We thank you so much for your interest in the vouchers for the exam beta! The voucher supplies were limited and due to the overwhelming demand, all no cost vouchers have now been claimed and distributed. However, you can still take advantage of the 40% discount on the beta exam voucher price. Read the details below 👇

Cloud technology is constantly evolving, which means being a Cloud Digital Leader requires getting familiar with the latest and greatest developments. To support and empower your quest for success, Google Cloud Learning has unveiled brand new Cloud Digital Leader (CDL) training and a beta certification exam, available on-demand - and at 40% less than the general exam.

Dive into the latest content, gain in demand skills, and get certified before the exam is released to the general public.  You’ll even get a digital badge that you can add to your email signature, LinkedIn profile, personal website, wherever you’d like. Hurry! The beta exam is only available through February 23, 2023.

The exam registration is open, so get started today 📚

Important Dates & FAQ

I’m already Cloud Digital Leader certified, but I want to participate in the beta - what can I do?

Already have a valid Google Cloud Certification? Congratulations! And great news - you can attempt the CDL beta exam. If you pass the beta, your certification validity period will be extended 🥳 If you don’t pass, not to worry - your existing certification will remain valid until its initial renewal date.

Why would I take a beta exam instead of the regular version?

• You will save 40% on the cost of the exam.
  • Early access: Immerse yourself in the freshest content and help refine it with your valuable feedback.
  • Exclusive insights: Acquaint yourself with the latest Google Cloud technologies and strategies before they become widely available.
  • Influence Google Cloud Certification: Contribute your insights to set the standards of cloud expertise for the future. 
  • Head start in validating your expertise: Achieving the Cloud Digital Leader certification ahead of the curve demonstrates your commitment to staying on the cutting edge of technology.
  • Network with pioneers: Engage with a community of early adopters and cloud enthusiasts, expanding your professional network.

See you in the cloud ☁️

Carrie

Solved Solved
44 84 46.7K
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

To get an exam voucher for the CDL beta exam, it is required as follows: complete at least 4 of the 6 new training courses, and email cdl-beta-2024@googlegroups.com with a link to your Skills Boost public profile to receive your exam voucher. 

How to prepare for the Cloud Digital Leader exam?

Happy Learning!

View solution in original post

84 REPLIES 84

Is the voucher 100% free or discounted @carrie 

To get an exam voucher for the CDL beta exam, it is required as follows: complete at least 4 of the 6 new training courses, and email cdl-beta-2024@googlegroups.com with a link to your Skills Boost public profile to receive your exam voucher. 

How to prepare for the Cloud Digital Leader exam?

Happy Learning!

I have completed the entire course but still did not get the voucher

It can take up to 2 business days.

did you received any kind of reply after sending mail ? 

I completed the learning path and had sent the mail to respective email with m public profile link before 2 days but i didn't receive any vouchers yet.

I completed all requirements and even my  college friend applied and he got 100% voucher and my emails aren't still considered even after completing all requirements after sending repetitive emails,no emails are responded   😕 do something 

I send my public profile Link in this mail but i Did not receive any kind of Exam voucher. Please can you figure out this problem

When will the  arcade facilitator program 2024 starts?

First it was free now it is at 40% off why

I haven't received my beta-exam voucher since I requested (Tuesday 6th Feb). Please let me know If you need further verification.

My public profile:

https://www.cloudskillsboost.google/public_profiles/e0a470e1-3d72-4b25-9050-605f246738cd 

I have completed the entire course but still did not get the voucher

Can I give the beta exam after 23rd Feb?

Is the 40% exam voucher discount still available? I have completed the CDL and written to  cdl-beta-2024@googlegroups.com, but not yet received any reply. 

"at no cost" = free, right?

Yes, I just have scheduled one with the voucher.

Yes, you are right.

100% free

There is no free voucher, and this is not true.  This is deceiving at best. I made it to the end of the course 6. I emailed Google for the exam voucher and only to receive an email saying Google has no more vouchers for the exam. They are offering 40% discount, NOT a voucher. So if you are taking these courses because you expect a voucher from Google, DON'T. 

Uh oh - Iet's see if we can look into this for you and figure out a solution. @JoannaSenderak do you think this is a case you can help with? 

I see I meet the eligibility requirements for the voucher in terms of training courses completed! I'm going to go ahead and request my voucher. I'll update you on how it goes for me.

Just signed up for the beta certification exam. Given that there isn't a testing center in my country, I had to choose the "Remote Proctored" option. I hope I can fulfill the requirements during the testing appointment. I previously tried a remote certification exam with Kryterion and couldn't fulfill their requirement of having no running programs in my laptop, which is why I would have preferred an "Onsite proctored" option.

It's okay, you will be fine if you run the exam from a single browser tab, with nothing else open in any other tabs/browsers as that may make it seem like cheating in the exams. Worked for a lot of my friends, & best of luck for your exam!

Thank U for this opportunity

Is there any bar on the number of times one can retake the exam incase the exam does not go well? Just asking on the possibility, not telling that I want to flunk real bad

Scenario 1 - no existing CDL certification.

If you don't hold a CDL certification and you don’t pass the CDL beta exam, you will be notified. The CDL beta exam doesn’t count towards your total exam attempts. You will be eligible to take the next CDL exam as soon as you are ready.

Scenario 2 - existing CDL certification.

If you currently hold a CDL certification and you don’t pass the CDL beta exam, you will be notified. The CDL beta exam doesn’t count towards your total exam attempts and the CDL certification you currently hold will still be valid, according to the information displayed on the original certification you received.

Beta Certification Exams - general information.

• What’s the difference between beta certification and regular certification?
  • If someone doesn’t have a CDL certification and passes the beta CDL, will he/she receive a regular CDL certification, or is there a different certification provided for the beta ones?
  • Lastly, if someone already completed all these courses in November of last year, are they also eligible for the vouchers?

1. Beta exams are new assessments used to gather performance statistics to ensure fairness and create the final exam standard. Beta exams take longer, include more questions and offer a possibility to share feedback. More details are here https://support.google.com/cloud-certification/answer/9750304?authuser=1
  2. If you don't hold a CDL certification and you pass the CDL beta exam, this certification will be valid as a regular CDL certification.
  3. Google Cloud launched the CDL on-demand training and exam. To receive an exam voucher at no costs that is part of this initiative, it is required to complete 4 out of 6 new on-demand training courses.

Hey I have already completed and mailed my profile link , how much time it will take to recieve voucher @carrie 

@carrie wrote:

(which you should receive within 2 business days of your request)

Is there free swag like with the other exams?

The CDL certification does not include SWAG.

mam i am also complete 4 courses and send mail also to cdl-beta-2024@googlegroups.com    mail but not received any reply.

Thank you for the opportunity! Just submitted my request.

What is the expected timeline for the release of beta exam results, and how will successful candidates be notified?

I have completed the Cloud Digital Learning Path yesterday (all the 6 courses) and mailed the team. Now hoping for an exam voucher. Thanks Google cloud team 🙂

Hi @carrie I am yet to receive the CDL voucher. I mailed the team on Friday. I have mailed the team again hoping for the best.

s i got the voucher

You got the voucher? That's great! Best of luck for your exams.

Top Labels in this Space