Level up your skills in The Arcade; level up your career with Google Cloud certification

carrie
Community Manager
Community Manager

In The Arcade, we’re all about access to learning that can help turbocharge your cloud knowledge. We also know that certification is an excellent way to validate your cloud comprehension. So…why not put them together? 

That’s right, we’re introducing Google Cloud certification power-ups to your experience in The Arcade. Read on for how this all works, including eligibility and criteria specifics!

How does this power-up campaign work?

From now through December 15th, show off your skills in The Arcade - once you bank 30 points, you’re eligible to complete the criteria for one of the certification options. Starting November 1st, visit The Arcade to start your Cloud Digital Leader learning path. Completing the Cloud Digital Leader learning path is a key to preparing for the Google Cloud Digital Leader certification - and it’s part of the power-up criteria 😉 

After the certification power-up campaign ends on December 15th, voucher distribution will be determined based on eligible users’ performance and engagement. Certification vouchers (read below to find out more about the vouchers themselves) will be shared with power-up recipients in the second half of December.

How do I get my voucher, and which exam can I take with it?

Great questions. There are 3 different types of voucher you can snag, and 2 different exams depending on which power-up you receive. Here’s the deal: 

• 100% Cloud Digital Leader voucher: The first hundred users to successfully complete all of the Cloud Digital Leader courses after hitting the 30 point eligibility minimum in other areas of The Arcade will receive a voucher for 100% off of their Google Cloud Digital Leader certification exam.
  • 50% Cloud Digital Leader voucher: The next 200 users to successfully complete all of the Cloud Digital Leader courses after hitting the 30 point eligibility minimum in other areas of The Arcade will receive a voucher for 50% off of their Google Cloud Digital Leader exam - certification at half the cost!
  • 100% Associate Cloud Engineer voucher: The top 20 point scorers (with a minimum of 30 points) in The Arcade will receive a voucher for 100% off of their Associate Cloud Engineer certification exam.

Why should I care about getting a certification?

Google Cloud certifications are globally recognized credentials - and a testament to your practical skills in the field. These certifications can open doors to new career opportunities, higher earning potential, and the chance to work on exciting cloud projects.

I can tell you from personal experience that professional certifications are an excellent way to show your competence in a field or role, especially if it isn’t one in which you originally completed your post-secondary education. (‘Literature major’ doesn’t necessarily read as “fluent in cloud” on a résumé, but ‘certified Cloud Digital Leader’ stands out!) But don’t take my word for it! There are lots of blogs out there about the benefits of certification, or check out this certification impact report.

What now?

Start collecting those points, get ready to take on the Cloud Digital Leader preparation courses, and set your sights on those coveted certification vouchers. November and December are your months to shine . See you in The Arcade!

Game on!

152 REPLIES 152

Let me try to explain it to you. Each badge you complete gives you a point in the prize counter, where you can redeem your points for prizes such as t-shirts, mugs, stickers, and more.

The badge you earned before November 1, 2023 belong to previous season, and they cannot be used for this season prizes (Certification Exam Vouchers). You can only use the points you earn during this season to redeem swags.

To check your points for this season, you can go to the Arcade homepage. There, you will see how many points you have earned so far in this season, and what prizes you can choose from.

You can redeem your points for prizes only when the prize counter is open. The prize counter will be open for specific dates during this season, which will be announced on the Arcade homepage and via email. You can subscribe to the Arcade newsletter to get the latest updates on the prize counter dates.

I hope this clarifies your question. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me. 😊

I have 11 points 

I am eligible for advance swags, right?

Hi, I am facing issues with the points. The points are not getting updated. I have completed 4 courses of - Google Cloud Digital Leader. But my point scorer is showing only 2 points instead of 4. What to do?

I am completed the course but I don't get any points.

What if i completed this courses after 30 Nov will i able to get prices or not ??

you will get with the point accumulated also you hae last chance to earn 7
points in dec

Hello, I am beginner of Google Arcade and i want to explore Google Cloud through various google labs, but i do not have credits , so please help me. My Public profile is :- https://www.cloudskillsboost.google/public_profiles/d6a59e6d-12d3-4855-b205-49b3ace71f12

Hi everyone, I have a question,

When is the Arcade last year 2023 will end and send a form for filling information and select Google Arcade Swag?

I'm not yet received any gmail from Arcade

My profile skillsboost: https://www.cloudskillsboost.google/public_profiles/7d26ffd0-6d35-43f3-a889-05a46e5bba6f

Likely in 3rd or 4th week of December

If I remember correctly, by e-mail, the Arcade Counter, sent an unique link to claim the swag either December 28th or 29th last year.

Hi everyone

I have 23 arcade points, as shown in the arcade calculator. However, I recently received an email that indicates I have only 22 points. What should I do right now?"

Sometimes the e-mail's points are not quite up to date, so the arcade calculator points should be the right ones,

Google le seul qui décide si tu dois être riche ou pauvre en sanctionnent les sites...

Google = NAZI 

mdr 🤔

hi @carrie  as per FAQ, Users who have subscribed to Arcade receive Arcade Insider mails twice every month which contain unique codes that can be redeemed to get no cost GCSB credits which can be used to complete Trivia & Skill badge quests.

I have subscribed already, but never received any code to redeem credits. Please assist.

Quick question - any chance the next Arcade Insider mail is coming our way on Monday, the 18th, coinciding with the supposed opening of Trivia 3?

Hi

Be checking your spam folder.

i want to learn new courses from quicklab  thats why i don not have much credit to use for completing my lab 

my email id is =  (PII Removed by Staff)

hi my self Nilanjan

I collected 31 arcade points and went to the Cloud Digital Leader learning path to complete but the path is completed through out the arcade event. So in this case can I eligible for the certification program. Please let me know.. Screenshot 2023-12-14 113138.png 

hello how to build career in cloud

@carrie  / @Yugali  Has the voucher distribution started for eligible users who completed CDL path? If not, when can we expect and how do we know?

FEEDBACK FOR ARCADE EVENT

I missed out on earning more points because I completed badges early, which prevented me from benefiting from the Monsoon Challenge; my suggestion is to ensure that the rules are updated before the event starts so that everyone can fully enjoy and participate. @carrie  @Yugali 

As a student do we get professional course certification from Google?

Any news about this one?

Not really keen about getting mercs with "google cloud" label swags, cert exam discount is more important to me. Hoping Google has more exam discount offers.

Nothing yet, I'm afraid.

Mam, I have 61 points but I didn't got certificate voucher mail 😭 .. 

Check your spam folder , mine was inside it!

I checked my spam folder .. but it didn't in it ..

I know Arcade has received some heavy criticism lately, and it's totally valid. Planned postal service discontinuation in Ukraine has raised concerns about ongoing technical issues for users there. Can I specify? I was wondering if the Google Bucharest office, located at Bulevardul Corneliu Coposu 6-8 B 30167 Bucharest Romania, would be able to send some swags to Odesa, UA, using available postal options. Leveraging the established infrastructure of humanitarian or EU transitional programs, along with reliable postal operators like Meest Polska, allows for swags from Google offices in Prague, Bucharest, Athens, Warsaw, and Vienna to reach Western Ukraine/Moldova more efficiently and directly.

However, I can't help but feel excited about the potential of Arcade in January 2024 or February, especially with the influx of new Duet AI labs. Having those labs readily available at 5 credits each is a new Arcade for creators like myself who want to experiment and push the boundaries of AI collaboration.

too late to know this. Is there any similar plan for this year in 2024? 

When will Arcade start this year 2024? I hope it is also in a Spanish version.

Silver

Top Labels in this Space