Learn to Earn Cloud Data Challenge: Tea break!

Hello everyone!

You may have noticed, we are currently experiencing a service disruption. I’m truly sorry for the inconvenience. Our team has been working on changes, but we need a little more time to catch up. So for now, we are pausing the Learn to Earn Cloud Challenge. We plan to resume play July 13, 2022.

But what about earning badges and prizes? 

Good question - when we resume play, you’ll notice additional time available on game tracks. We’ll make updates next week. If you’ve already earned enough badges to be eligible for a prize - great work by the way - you’ll receive a prize email at the conclusion of the challenge (no change). 

But what do you mean, tea break? 

Taking breaks is good for you. Plus it’s an opportunity for more games (and prizes) - outside of a lab manual! Let’s kick off with today’s tea break topic: mentorship. 

Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen to, and a push in the right direction.” — John CrosbyMentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen to, and a push in the right direction.” — John Crosby

We all need mentors to support us and give us that extra nudge towards opportunity. And it has been amazing to see mentorship happening here, as you all support each other with lab tricks, debugging, credits, and knowledge sharing.

So today, let’s celebrate mentors in this community. Folks who have been answering questions on Learn to Earn (and other programs), pointed to resources, and shared their experience.

Nominate someone who has helped you

Here’s how to participate:

1. Comment below and tag someone (a community member!) who has helped you over the course of this challenge. Or another challenge! We’re not picky! 
  2. They’ll need to have a GCC account so you can tag them. 
  3. Was your nominee already added by someone else? Upvote them! 

On Monday, we’ll select 5 GCC users (based on comments and GCC badges!) to get a surprise 🎁 in appreciation of their commitment to helping! 

Thanks in advance for the nominations - I’m looking forward to reading over a cup of coffee  

74 433 29.5K
433 REPLIES 433

@pritam771 has helped me a lot. He has helped me to complete the labs tirelessly. He has helped me relentlessly find the solutions of challenge Labs. He helped me have patience and try again when things didn't work out as planned. He always motivated me to consistently upgrade my knowledge about Google Cloud every day bit-by-bit. He found opportunities for me to participate like GCF program and now L2E program. He deserves a shout out

@BtechCommerceWa he is a great Man who helped me through so many challanges like GCFP and learn to earn program whenever I got stuck he helped me everytime. I want to thank him a lot.

yes he helped me too!!

i would like to thank u @smitop he has helped me a lot in GCRF and learn to earn challenges .. 

I truly appreciate the confidence you showed in me

@Nikk_124 has been a mentor for me. And helped me in the challenges I faced, that really guided me while doing the labs.

@emily927 One mentor who has helped me in all the programs and challenges of Google cloud and Qwiklabs is @BtechCommerceWa He is one of the best mentors! without him many participants and students would have not known or even completed the programs properly, I nominate him @BtechCommerceWa 😊 best!

I think he is the same guy who hoarded security challenge with 5 to 6 kettles sippers etc

https://youtu.be/2fcEEkbkvCg

@emily927 

Great 

good to see

thanks to give me a lot of time 😊

yeahhh 

Yeah 😃

@Sudipta22 thanks for helping me a lot

Thanks for helping @Sudipta22 

You are a true guide

@Nikk_124 has been a mentor for me. And helped me in the challenges I faced, that really guided me while doing the labs.

@Sudipta22 

@subusubu2k 

@Mon22 thankyou for helping out during learn to earn challange and being my mentor. I  lose my patience many times when I didn't get the green trick on checking my progress or either 100% completion. Thanks for helping me out 

Thanks @Shirley01 

Thanks for helping @Sudipta22 

Yes 

@Sudipta22  i completed 100% because of your help

I am completely new to this community. And this is my first time participating in this LearnToEarn challenge. So to choose only one, from whom I have got help is really impossible. Everyone in this community is very good warm and very helpful. Thanks a lot everyone for your help.

yess your words are 100% true

Please tag me

Great to see you here...

Keep learning

@Sudipta22  thankyou for helping out throughout the  program and being my mentor. I got green tick just because of you. 

Great 😃

@Sudipta22  is truly helped me . 

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Don't worry guys because the Learn to Earn program has not been shut down completely.

Just due to the increasing traffic in Qwiklabs,
It only pause for a while but it will resume after July 13.

@Former Community Member has been a mentor for me. And helped me in the challenges I faced, that really guided me while doing the labs.

@Theashishgavade has been a mentor for me. And helped me in the challenges I faced, that really guided me while doing the labs.

@Theashishgavade has been a mentor for me. And helped me in the challenges I faced, that really guided me while doing the labs.

@Former Community Member thank you for your great support for us and always stand behind to help us. As of course, he is a great mentor and problem solver for me. For his support only I can able to resolve the challenge when I stuck into it. He has also encouraged me to participate in such challenges ,like #googlecloudfaciliator, #learntoearnchallenge ,etc , to learn something new from google. By performing the challenges we can able to learn how the cloud operations performed in google and many new things we can learn through participating in these challenges.

True...

Surly @Theashishgavade has been a mentor for me. And helped me in the challenges I faced, that really guided me while doing the labs.

Yes  @Theashishgavade has been a mentor for me. And helped me in the challenges I faced, that really guided me while doing the labs.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Thanks Sayan😄

banned due to spamming 

@Goldfish22 has been a mentor for me. And helped me in the challenges I faced, she really guided me while doing the labs and getting green ticks 

Hey @emily927, I am very thank full to you because without your updates we can't participate in the labs. You are such a good guide and leader for us. we are looking for more and more opportunities.

Thanks @emily927 

@Sudipta22 Thanks for your help and support through the lab . I am so lucky to have a great mentor like you

Yes 

@Sudipta22 is very helpful mentor

Top Labels in this Space