Dataplex: Qwik Start lab issue

Hi,

I am unable to complete the "Dataplex: Qwik Start" lab because when I go "DataPlex -> Manage Lakes -> Manage", it is stuck loading. Am I the only one that's having this issue?

Solved Solved
0 8 264
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey there,

I have completed the lab just today and at the start it stuck for me too.

But, Then I realised that I did not ENABLE the Cloud Dataplex API.

If it is not enabled, you will face the issue too.

Please check if it is enabled. And if it isn't, please do because that worked for me.

Hope this helps and works for you too

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

It takes a couple of minutes to create the lake so you might need to wait 5-10+mins for it to get created

dataplex.pngit is just stuck like this

Go to Gmail and log out from all your accounts, then remove them. After that, log in again with your student credentials in the Google Cloud Console. This should solve your problem.
The issue you’re facing is most likely due to the square-shaped profile icon that appears in the top-right corner. It usually shows up when you’re logged in with your personal account. Therefore, as a best practice, always remove all the accounts before performing a lab.

Fair point... tang8156, please use Chrome in Incognito Mode to access the lab...this may also help.

same thing happening to me also keep loading but nothing opens

Dear tang8156,

I hope you reloaded the Cloud Console in the browser as sometimes what you see is not what exactly is happening in the Cloud. If the Manage page cannot be loaded after refreshing the web-page/browser several times you have no other option than to contact Qwiklabs Support. Alternatively, you can try this lab using a different computer in a different network (wi-fi or cable) - this option is to evaluate if your computer or your network might help with your issue (frozen Google Console).

Best,

MC 

I contacted Qwiklabs support and they also see the problem. They will get back to me once it's resolve

Hey there,

I have completed the lab just today and at the start it stuck for me too.

But, Then I realised that I did not ENABLE the Cloud Dataplex API.

If it is not enabled, you will face the issue too.

Please check if it is enabled. And if it isn't, please do because that worked for me.

Hope this helps and works for you too

Top Labels in this Space