Failed when trying to delete VCP network

My project uses cloud run, cloud sql and firebase hosting. I tried to create a VPC network to generate a static IP but ended up giving up after creating the network. The problem is that the platform is not allowing this network to be deleted, as shown in the error text below:

Operation type [delete] failed with message "The network resource 'projects/trv-system/global/networks/my-vpc' is already being used by 'projects/trv-system/global/firewalls/aet-southamericaeast1-connector-- vpc--sfpt-egrfw'"

Solved Solved
2 2 155
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @guisallinas,

Based from the error message that you provided, there can be 3 possible reason why you are encountering it.

1. There might be a serverless VPC connector in use that prevents you from deleting the VPC network. I suggest you delete the VPC connector then, proceed with the deletion of the VPC network. I found a related community discussion that might help you with this issue. Additionally, you can check this documentation for more details on how to fix this issue. 

2. Another possibility is that, there might be VM instances that still use the VPC network you're trying to delete. The VM instance must be deleted first before proceeding with the deletion of the VPC network. I recommend to create a support case with Google Support for further assistance. 

3. Double check the name of the VPC network. Make sure that the network names should be identical.

Let me know if this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @guisallinas,

Based from the error message that you provided, there can be 3 possible reason why you are encountering it.

1. There might be a serverless VPC connector in use that prevents you from deleting the VPC network. I suggest you delete the VPC connector then, proceed with the deletion of the VPC network. I found a related community discussion that might help you with this issue. Additionally, you can check this documentation for more details on how to fix this issue. 

2. Another possibility is that, there might be VM instances that still use the VPC network you're trying to delete. The VM instance must be deleted first before proceeding with the deletion of the VPC network. I recommend to create a support case with Google Support for further assistance. 

3. Double check the name of the VPC network. Make sure that the network names should be identical.

Let me know if this helps!

Hello Marvin, the first solution works. Thanks!!