Classic Application Load Balancer Wildcard SSL

I have a valid wildcard SSL certificate created with DNS authorization showing up under Security > Certificate Manager > Certificates. I've also created a certificate map following the guidance here

I would like to create a Classic Application Load Balancer, which uses this certificate map for SSL when  routing traffic using host/path rules to various backends.

I have this setup working in another project where I created a non-wildcard certificate as part of the LB creation process and then added the certificate map later (after the LB was created/running). After adding the certificate map, the non-wildcard certificate I created initially is still attached, but has FAILED_NOT_VISIBLE status. Despite this status, the map seems to have attached fine and the certificate has been applied as expected.

Is it possible to avoid creating this "Classic" LB cert, which ends up being unused, when the load balancer is created and just use the wildcard cert? Using the Google Cloud Console, the Certificates drop down is blank, despite having a map created and my wildcard certificate showing up under "Certificates" in Certificate Manager. Is this something that requires the GCloud CLI?

Screenshots below of Certificate Manager with wildcard cert active, and LB creation view with empty Certificates dropdown.

CarsonS5_1-1710427425553.png

CarsonS5_0-1710427272877.png

0 1 213
1 REPLY 1

Have you tried doing it from CLI with gcloud? Here is an example.