External OIDC on GKE

Dear community,

I am trying to implement  external OIDC on GKE with this document and faced a issue with certificate setting

[Documentation Link]:Use external identity providers to authenticate to GKE 

I was wondering for OIDC_PROVIDER_CERTIFICATE what should I be filling in? I think I am facing 

1. Format Error 2. Giving the wrong key (Root CA, Intermediate CA or even Private key? Don't think so)

For format error:

I tried every way of inserting different certificate, with or without (Begin Certificate), but both spit out different error.

With ----Begin Certificate: unable to load root certificates: unable to parse bytes as PEM block

Without ----Begin Certificate: illegal base64 data at input byte X

And for Giving the wrong key , could anyone with experience help to identify what certificate it is looking for?

Thank you for your response in advance!

0 2 499
2 REPLIES 2

You need to base64 encode your PEM string data.
You can use something like https://www.base64encode.org/ if you don't feel like writing code.  Just paste the PEM contents and encode!

Hi garisingh,

Thank you so much for the response. That did helped a lot, I am no longer getting format errors. However now I am experiencing an error "error: You must be logged in to the server (Unauthorized)". I used my Base64 encoded root CA as the OIDC_PROVIDER_CERTIFICATE. Am I making a mistake here? Also I was wondering if you know where I will be able to find more detail log for this error. Thanks you very much!

Addition:

I found this in my log in cloud logging, the query is:

resource.type="k8s_control_plane_component"
severity>=ERROR

jasonwang090311_1-1680834626915.png

Top Labels in this Space