Tabs on detail view

Tabs in detail view using show collumns, the same way it works with forms.

I’ve done an workaround with an Enum collumn, quick edit on detail view enabled and show_if based on this collumn, but its kind of messy.

Status Under Review
70 25 2,827
25 Comments
Steve_Chambers
Silver 1
Silver 1

thanks mate, expensive for data due to offline use in the field, expensive due to server calls or cross-talk with multiple users…?

Manish_Jain11
Silver 1
Silver 1

Hello Praveen ,

Any update on this ? If not, Can you please try and prioritize the Improvement of Detail View UI for full screen browsers.

I would also suggest implementing Tab Options in the UX Section itself .

To achieve the tabs what most of us are doing -

In case of Forms,

Adding Columns / Virtual Columns in the Tables and then converting to show and then pageheader and so on which is adding unnecessary columns and a lot extra work

In case of Detail View,

Making Different Detail Views and them combining them using Dashboard to achieve the Full Screen Views ( Tabs) in Mobile View. This is filling our UX Section with so many views that could easily be avoided otherwise.

This can easily be achieved I guess if you just have the option of adding tabs and naming them and dragging the columns below the specific tabs. This will keep the table as well as the UX Section neat and the implementation would be consistent in both the Form and Table View.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

shalom
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

Can someone explain to me how I do this?

In form view or group data or tabs

תודה רבה🙏🏻

Status changed to: Under Review
Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rifad
Silver 5
Silver 5

Any Updates on this ?

lochtefeldm
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

Adding my voice to this. Having a page show type display as tabs instead of section breaks on desktop would be a leap forward.
Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 6.04.43 PM.png

Rifad
Silver 5
Silver 5

Any updates on this @Roderick ? This UI addition is going to make New desktop UI look even more amazing! Check out the image below.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 14.10.37.png

Rifad
Silver 5
Silver 5

cc @Peter-Google @lizlynch looks like Roderick is not working anymore. Please have a look at the feature request.

lizlynch
Staff

@Rifad - Thank you for the ping and the feedback! I've raised this feature request to the AppSheet team.