The storage usage of cloud sql of my gcp is abnormally high.

The storage usage of cloud sql of my gcp is abnormally high.
The sum of data_length and index_lenght in information_schema.tables was only 0.42G.
However, the storage usage confirmed by monitoring is 11G.
Please let me know what makes the difference between the two.

0 2 824
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @juhopark,

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

It is likely that the difference in storage usage between the data_length and index_length columns in the information_schema.tables table and the storage usage reported by Google Cloud Platform's monitoring is due to additional overhead associated with storing the data in a database. 

This overhead can include additional data structures used by the database management system to track and manage the data, as well as any additional space required to support features such as replication and backups. 

It is also possible that the storage usage reported by Google Cloud Platform's monitoring includes additional storage for other resources associated with your cloud SQL instance, such as logs and temporary files.

Thank you.

The storage usage reported by monitoring in GCP Cloud SQL might include additional overhead such as replication data, logs, temporary files, and system metadata. These factors can contribute to the difference between the sum of data_length and index_length in information_schema.tables and the actual storage usage reported by monitoring tools.