Google Chat Idea

Hey, All.

I'm not sure if this is the correct location for this idea to be submitted but I can't seem to find another place to get this to Google employees. We currently use Google Chat and various other Google products in our business. An issue that would be awesome to see as an improvement on the functionality of Google chat would be to be able to directly assign access to user status to specific individuals.

Currently, to avoid significant volume of questions coming from agents, all of our leadership and operations employees have their status set to Away. Is there a way for Google to improve this function to show the Away status to all except those on a list of approved users who have access to see the employee's actual status? I don't see this feature currently so if this could be added to improvement ideas Google can implement in the future that would be awesome. Thank you!

Solved Solved
1 1 625
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michelle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @zrotvold,

Welcome to the Google Cloud Community!

Please request to join the Feature Ideas area of the Google Workspace Community.  

Thank you,

Michelle | Community Manager

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Michelle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @zrotvold,

Welcome to the Google Cloud Community!

Please request to join the Feature Ideas area of the Google Workspace Community.  

Thank you,

Michelle | Community Manager