SAS: Transitioning to Google Cloud for Existing SAS Customers

Google’s Spectrum Access System is now part of Google Cloud!  

As part of that transition, 1:1 support for our SAS product is now provided through Google Cloud Customer Care, allowing you to access scalable and flexible support services to meet your business needs.

You may be a Google Spectrum Access System customer dating back to before we were part of Google Cloud.  If that's the case, and you'd like to access Google Cloud Support for SAS, we’ll need you to sign up as a Google Cloud customer. 

If you are not already a GCP customer, please sign up on the Get started with Google Cloud page.  When you sign up as a new Google Cloud customer, you’ll also receive $300 in Google Cloud credits.  This migration will not have any impact on your deployments or cause any disruption to your service.

1. Sign up with a Google account, or register your existing email address as a Google account if you prefer.  
  2. Select your Account Type as “Business” during set-up.  
  3. If your company already has a GCP account, ask your organization’s admin to grant you access.  
  4. Set up your Cloud Identity and Verify your domain.
  5. Create a Project ID by navigating to Home > Dashboard > New Project within the GCP Console 
  6. Complete this Migration Request form
  7. Sign up for Google Cloud Customer Care

Contributors
Comments
Phonegal64
Bronze 1
Bronze 1
If I have a Federated Wireless account. how do I transition that CPI certificate to Google SAS ? I have Telrad CBRS equipment and would like to switch providers.
RippleLink
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Hi Alyssa,

I am not sure that I understand exactly how this process works.   As i went through the process above it appears as if Google needs me to set up a Google Workspaces account, which would move our company email over to Google, and we would have to pay $14 a month for the Workspace account.   If i have made a mistake here let me know.   I just want to pay the $29 a month to get support from the SAS support team.   Let me know what i need to do here.

Thanks,

James

Phonegal64
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

I have done the above steps and have signed up for support.  Am I able to use both Google and Federated Wireless as a SAS vendor ? 

James_S
Staff

A CBRS operator may use more than one SAS if they wish. However, a single device cannot hold grants with multiple CBSDs at once. 

Phonegal64
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

OK I've enabled the SAS API in my Google Could Compute How do I put my CPIRD and certificates in? 

James_S
Staff

Information about using the SAS Portal API can be found in our online documentation here and here.

If you want to use the SAS Portal UI to sign CBSDs, please see Validate CPI certification.

If you need to use single-step registration, I would suggest consulting your device's documentation for proper use of your CPI credentials.

Version history
Last update:
‎06-09-2023 10:55 AM
Updated by: