What URL should i use for Oauth consent screen's homepage and privacy policy

Hi Google Cloud Community,

Our service (email analysis service) is using the Gmail API, and we're planning to submit the OAuth consent screen for verification by Google. According to the requirements, we need to add the homepage and privacy policy URLs to the consent screen. However, I'm unsure about what to do. Here's the context:

Let's say our service is hosted at a.example.com. Our service is just a micro-service that is used by other services, let's say b.example.com and c.example.com.

There will be buttons that redirect users from b.example.com or c.example.com to a page of our service. From that page, users can choose how their emails will be sent to us, one of which is granting permission to read emails to our service via the OAuth consent screen.

The problem is that our service only consists of a single page—a page that allows users to choose how their emails will be sent to us. We don't have a homepage or a privacy policy URL. We can't add b.example.com as a homepage URL because doing so would confuse users of c.example.com.

My question is: Can we use the company-wide homepage and privacy policy URL (located at example.com), or do we have to create our own homepage and privacy policy URLs?

I'd really appreciate any of your help.

1 2 591
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @johnmurphy 

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

Regarding your case, wherein your services are micro-service that are used by other services in your website or web-app, you may use the company-wide homepage and privacy policy URLs located at example.com.

You should provide your users with the necessary information and details about your services and data handling process, without confusing users of b.example.com and c.example.com.

You can use the following links as a guide for your project:

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need further assistance, you can always file a ticket on our support team.

do you know about homepage  url how do i get homepage url for it useful sign in google button we use on mobile application so we want to verify the verifiaction in that verification asking homepage urlScreenshot 2023-11-05 210813.png

Top Labels in this Space