Unable to get refund of trial pre-payment on Google Cloud

Hello. I recently signed up for a trial on Google Cloud. Since my card was not accepted, I had to use Net Banking, and they charged me Rs. 1000 as a refundable, pre-payment amount.

Now, however, I am unable to get that amount back. I have not used any service on Cloud, and my account shows "-Rs. 1000" as the balance. But I can't find a way to get that amount back—there doesn't seem to be a "Request Refund" feature anywhere. I tried closing the billing account but that didn't do anything.

Can someone please help me get this money back?

Regards
Sourabh

2 6 1,130
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @sourabhvourabh,

You may file a ticket here - Unknown GCP Charge Inquiry. They are the ones equipped to resolve your issue.

Thank you.

Thanks @lawrencenelson got the refund within 24 hrs of mail

Hi @gowri1. I also filled out the form, and they emailed me saying I should close the account. I have done that. Is that all? 

But in their email, they also said that I have to "perform an RBI (Request for Bank Information)". I am not sure what that means. Could you please tell me all you did to get the refund?

I just mentioned like.. i created a free trail  using ICICI net banking 3 days back  and it charges indian rs 1000  as refundable..but I didn't got any refund..please solve this Asap.

By the way I closed my billing and disable all the projects from billing and deletes all projects in account before I sent this matter.

I got a mail like "
Since you have closed your billing account, I have sent a billing adjustment request to our internal team to refund your overpayment of INR1,000.00 as a 1time courtesy and subject for approval. And I will send you a follow up email within 24-72hrs or once I get a response from them. For now, let me take care of this payment and wait for my email update."

After this they approved and sent my money in 8 hrs i think

Screenshot_2024-01-07-18-51-02-69_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg

Thank you @lawrencenelson. I have just filled out the form. Hoping that it resolves the issue.

i also used net banking icici and charged 1000rs ..

Top Labels in this Space