Google Cloud 3 Months Free to Paid Convert

Hello,

Currently i am using GCP service with a 3 months 300$ free subscription. But at the and of 3 months i want to keep my machine and make it available to run in "per hour payment" subscription. How can i convert it ?

Solved Solved
4 4 107
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @F7_Benutzer,

When your 3-month $300 free trial on GCP ends, your resources won't automatically disappear or switch to a pay-per-use model. Instead, your account will be upgraded to a standard billing account, and you'll be charged for any resources you continue to use based on their regular pricing.

To manage your billing and ensure you're only charged for what you need, you can do the following:

1. Review your resources: Go through your GCP console and identify the resources you want to keep and those you no longer need.
  2. Delete unnecessary resources: To avoid being charged for resources you don't need, delete them before your trial ends.
  3. Set up budget alerts: Create budget alerts in the GCP console to notify you when your spending reaches a certain threshold. This can help you avoid unexpected charges.
  4. Consider cost-saving options: Explore options like committed use discounts or sustained use discounts if you plan to use specific resources for an extended period. These discounts can help you save money on your GCP bill.

If you want to keep your virtual machine running but switch to a pay-per-use model, you don't need to do anything specific. It will automatically switch to the standard pricing once your trial ends. However, to avoid unexpected charges, make sure you monitor your usage and delete the VM when you no longer need it.

Here are some additional tips:

By following these steps, you can successfully transition from your free trial to a pay-per-use model and manage your GCP costs effectively.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @F7_Benutzer,

When your 3-month $300 free trial on GCP ends, your resources won't automatically disappear or switch to a pay-per-use model. Instead, your account will be upgraded to a standard billing account, and you'll be charged for any resources you continue to use based on their regular pricing.

To manage your billing and ensure you're only charged for what you need, you can do the following:

1. Review your resources: Go through your GCP console and identify the resources you want to keep and those you no longer need.
  2. Delete unnecessary resources: To avoid being charged for resources you don't need, delete them before your trial ends.
  3. Set up budget alerts: Create budget alerts in the GCP console to notify you when your spending reaches a certain threshold. This can help you avoid unexpected charges.
  4. Consider cost-saving options: Explore options like committed use discounts or sustained use discounts if you plan to use specific resources for an extended period. These discounts can help you save money on your GCP bill.

If you want to keep your virtual machine running but switch to a pay-per-use model, you don't need to do anything specific. It will automatically switch to the standard pricing once your trial ends. However, to avoid unexpected charges, make sure you monitor your usage and delete the VM when you no longer need it.

Here are some additional tips:

By following these steps, you can successfully transition from your free trial to a pay-per-use model and manage your GCP costs effectively.

Hi Roderick,

Thank you for time and answer! 

I would to see how much will my machine cost to me after free trial, like how much does it cost per hour.  I have tried to find this info from the links that you gave but couldn't. Could you please help me if possible ?

Hello again, @F7_Benutzer!

The cost of a virtual machine (VM) after the free trial depends on several factors, including the VM's specifications (e.g., CPU, memory, storage), the operating system, and the region in which it is deployed. Have you check out the GCP Pricing Calculator

You can follow these steps to estimate the cost of your VM after the free trial:

1. Go to the GCP pricing calculator: https://cloud.google.com/products/calculator

2. Select "Compute Engine" as the product.

3. Choose the VM type, specifications, operating system, and region.

4. The calculator will display an estimated monthly and hourly cost for your VM.

Hi Roderick,

Thank your for answer, but i want to see the hourly price of  my current machine. Instead of using price calculator i just want to see hourly price of my machine together with all cpu,memory,harddisk,i..etc. How can i see that ? 

Thank you in advance

Top Labels in this Space