Cannot set up billing account, and cannot get support as you need billing account to get support

I really hope someone here can help me! I've tried absolutely everything I am desperate and in dire need of getting set-up. Been trying for many days.

I am trying to set up a billing account, however I get this error : 

statcats_0-1694439421601.png

When I click on the Cancelled billing accounts that gets created with errors this shows up :

statcats_1-1694439490779.png

This takes me to a broken buggy overlay with no content inside and tens of error messages in the console : 

statcats_2-1694439541595.png

And yes, I've tried Chrome, Opera and different browsers. With incognito, without, with apps, without apps. Same error happens.

And when i try to get support this happens : 

statcats_3-1694439697309.png

And if i try to open a case this happens : 

statcats_4-1694439729278.png

And i get sent to the dead-end Billing Assistant again...

The only channel I can reach out to Google on is sales, but they just copy-paste a lot of none-sense from their manual and refuses to set me in touch with anyone at Google. Hence there is absolutely no way for me to get support and I cannot set up the account. I've got time constraints and clients that need that I start out on their projects, something I cannot do 😕

I've been a GCP user for ages under another account I used with my former employer, I like the services and I am really used to it, however, it seems that Google leaves me no choice here but to migrate to AWS or Azure, something that makes me very sad and left with a feeling of being treated with absolute neglect by the GCP-team.

I pray that someone here can assist me or set me in contact with a human at Google who can assist me. 

3 8 1,441
8 REPLIES 8

@AndrewB @Willie_Turney @dionv  @Lauren_vdv I see that you guys have Goolge badges. Sorry to tag you, but I thought that it is worth a shot. Could you by any chance tag someone in Billing at Google so that they could help me out? 🙏🙏

Hello @statcats ,

For this concern, I believe this is an account specific concern and it would be best to contact Support Team to have you connected to our Accounts and Security team to look further on your billing account. In that way, your personal information will be secured while troubleshooting the concern with one of the Technical supports. It is not advisable to share specific information through community forums to avoid information leak or data breach.

@dionv as I wrote above, I cannot contact [billing] support. Google refuses me to do as I do not have an active billing account, which I cannot create due to a GCP-error. Please see the screenshots above which illustrate the issue.

Also, this is not an account-specific concern as the overlay-pop-up clearly is broken as I have shown in the screenshot above (and below). Hence there is no way for me to verify the account in the manner of which I was supposed to. 

statcats_2-1694439541595.png

@dionv. I also find it very insulting that I have to pay 29 USD to get help with an error that is the responsibility of some devs at Google.

statcats_0-1694454834759.png

I'm also facing the same problem here, it's been a week and seems like nothing really works. It's even making me depressed.

@statcats please have you gotten a solution to this problem?

Sorry for an awfully late reply., however, hopefully it'll help out people struggling with this in the future.

What I had to do in order to solve it was to set up a new GCP where the billing details matched the country where my credit card was issued. I originally tried to register/confirm my acc in the UAE with a Norwegian credit card. This did not work, once I got a local credit card it worked out.

Got no help from support, and no one told me this, just had to test it out. Was very annoying.

I have the same issue.  Can't get any Google Maps keys because there is no billing account, can't created one.  Different error from the original poster but same outcome.

Top Labels in this Space