splitting values of enumlist for a filtered view

I have a column with enumlist values which I have linked to a filtered view so you can see other entries from the same category. However, for entries with more than one value selected in the enumlist, the filtered view goes to a grouping of that combination of things, rather than going to separate views for each value. How do I tell the filtered view action to separate the values?

Thanks!

0 6 197
6 REPLIES 6

Please post screen shots of your expression and views for better understanding of what you are trying to do.

The thing is that you can have multiple categories, am I right?

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() | AppSheet Help Center

If you are using a LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() expression, on your filter expression, you could try using an IN() expression instead of the traditional [Column]="CategoryName" that works on fields with one record inside, not a list basically.

If [Column] is a list:

IN(
  "CategoryName",
  [Column]
)

IN() | AppSheet Help Center

What is the "CategoryName" referring to in your example? I feel like that would only let me create a view for a specific filtered value, and then I would have to create a different view and action for every value option.

My current formula is:  

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Deity view",([Deity] = [_THISROW].[Deity]))

And the Deity column has values from an EnumList. So if it has "Artemis" and "Apollo" chosen it takes me to a view for other temples marked with BOTH of them, instead of giving me an option to see all other Artemis OR all other Apollo temples. Does that make sense?

I thought I needed to Split something but I'm not sure the best way. 

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(
  "Deity view",
  IN(
    [Deity],
    [_THISROW].[Deity])
)

Ok, that created a filtered view that COMBINED some temples related to the two deities, plus added in some random ones...

Thank you for the suggestions though, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong!

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@smd2022 wrote:

How do I tell the filtered view action to separate the values?

There's no built in way to do this. Further, a single row cannot occur in two (or more) display groups.

Top Labels in this Space