Initial Value Expression

Looking for help on Appsheet expression, taking into consideration the below table and column structure and relationships between tables.

LOCAL FAMILY SEGMENT table with the following columns:
-[Local Family Segment ID] which is a "Text" column type. It is a "Key" column.
-[Local Family Segment] which is a "Text" column type. It is also a "Label" column.

LOCAL CROP SEGMENT table with the following columns:
-[Local Crop Segment ID] which is a "Text" column type. It is a "Key" column.
-[Local Crop Segment] which is a "Text" column type. It is a "Label" column.
-[Local Family Segment] which is a "Ref" column type. It is referenced to the LOCAL FAMILY SEGMENT table.

LOCAL PRODUCT ASSORTMENT table with the following columns: 
-[Product Name & Reference] which is a "Text" column type. It is a "Key" column.
-[Product Name & Reference Description] which is a "Text" column type. It is a "Label" column.
-[Local Family Segment] which is a "Ref" column type. It is referenced to the LOCAL FAMILY SEGMENT table.
-[Local Crop Segment] which is a "Ref" column type. It is referenced to the LOCAL CROP SEGMENT table.

REQUIRED EXPRESSION:
I looking for initial value expression for the [Local Family Segment]  column in the LOCAL CROP SEGMENT table that will return the value that was selected in the [Local Family Segmentin the LOCAL PRODUCT ASSORTMENT table, when selecting "NEW" in the [Local Family Segmentin the LOCAL PRODUCT ASSORTMENT table while the PRODUCT ASSORTMENT table form is still open, as I am still adding in a new record in the PRODUCT ASSORTMENT table.

0 1 47
1 REPLY 1

Hello how are you? Honestly, I haven't analyzed it too much, but have you tried placing a dereference in the Initial Value property of the column in which you want the value to appear?

[ref column name].[column in the other table]

otra opciรณn serรญa intentar esto:

LOOKUP(
[_THISROW].[Product Name & Reference],
"LOCAL PRODUCT ASSORTMENT",
"Product Name & Reference",
"Local Family Segment"
)

Top Labels in this Space