Can I store filter text in a field and use it in filtered view?

My app will have a large number of ways of filtering data, and I'd like to avoid having to create special views/slices for each.  So, I'm making a table that will list view options and I'd like the primary action to be a linktofilteredview  action.  The table will store one column that represents the name of the view to go to and another column that represents the required filter values.  But it's not working, and I'm not sure what change.

Here's the table:

Screen Shot 2022-12-05 at 11.15.48 AM.png

And here's the formula for the action:

Screen Shot 2022-12-05 at 11.15.22 AM.png

Note that the formula is failing.  Is there some special way to get the text of my [filter ] field to be interpreted as a valid 2nd parameter in the function?

Solved Solved
0 4 95
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No, Appsheet can't convert stored text into an expression.

Or maybe a better way to say that is it can't parse data values as expressions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

No, Appsheet can't convert stored text into an expression.

Or maybe a better way to say that is it can't parse data values as expressions.

Darn! Thanks for the swift reply.  

I guess I can achieve this with a switch statement.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

AppSheet Database is currently a preview feature and under active development. Preview features are not yet suitable for use in important apps. Until it has achieved greater stability, I recommend against using this preview feature except for testing and to help the AppSheet developers in their efforts. To follow the progress of and contribute to the development effort, please visit this dedicated Community topic:

Introducing new AppSheet database feature ...

Top Labels in this Space