Automate & attach to Embed Images to Microsoft Excel template

Has anyone figure out how make appsheet add images to a Excel template instead of fill out the cell with the location of the image?

0 16 419
16 REPLIES 16

You might try looking at this article. 

Note that Excel templates do not support all the features that a Google Doc template does.  This is mostly due to the "generator" software which reads the template and creates the end documents. 

Thanks, I'll look into this, can anyone help me with the Hyperlink expression?

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Try wrapping the location of the image with the IMAGE() function.

how do I do that?, Excel or Appsheet?. i believe excel does not have that function.

In the Excel based template. 

Anything inside of the angle brackets (<<...>>), is an AppSheet Processing directive - meaning they will be processed using the AppSheet platform.

When Pictures are capture for appsheet, the pictures are stored in Onedrive when you use Appsheet with Microsoft Office, When the automation runs on appsheet, using an Excel template, using <<[job Pictures]>> in the template, all I get is the location where the pictures are stored on a cell in the generated spreadsheet.  what we need is, to have appsheet insert the picture on a cell to display that image. i have looked everywhere for a solution, I saw someone in youtube using google sheets, and Google Drive. but it doesn't help me.

And based on @Steve 's suggestion, this doesn't work?:

<<IMAGE([job pictures])>>

NOTE:  the name you are giving is [job pictures]...plural.  Does this column refer to a single image or a list of images?

I'd expect it to be:

=IMAGE(<<[job pictures]>>)

I'll try Thanks!

I still get the same results, on the template,

In  a cell I input =Image(<<[Post Job Site Pic]>>), I get the location where that image is /Site_Jobs/Jacksonville_Market/JB00001.Post Job Site Pic.172829.jpg

I don't believe Microsoft Excel can interpret images with cell formula using the mentioned. 

Ahhh,  I thought @Steve was pulling out a little known AppSheet function.  I see now he was directing you to the Excel IMAGE() function...and yes there is one. (link below)

There is one required parameter, "source", but it cannot be the AppSheet relative path.  You will need to provide the full path URL.  

https://insider.office.com/en-us/blog/insert-images-in-cells-with-the-image-function-in-excel

NOTE:  It is possible that the Excel results from the template do not carry through the generator that produces the end document.

Can you share us a screenshot of your template just to tell you if what you are trying to do is doable at all?

One image

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@SEUAdmin wrote:

i believe excel does not have that function.

Insert images in cells with the IMAGE function in Excel

I didn't know Excel introduced IMAGE() function, but I tested. It did not work ...  I never mind as I m not using Excel at all.

=image() function not available on excel as of yet, only on Microsoft Insider version on beta test.

Top Labels in this Space