unable to override TargetEndpoint property use.proxy dynamicaly (bis)

Hello,

I saw the following ticket in googlecloud community:

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Apigee/unable-to-override-TargetEndpoint-property-use-proxy-...

Unfortunately, nothing moves since 2017 and I'm facing the same issue 😞

I would like to set dynamically the property use.proxy of the HTTPTargetConnection element. I think this should be possible. Is it ?

Thanks.

Solved Solved
0 2 96
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your question. (And thanks for asking a new question and referring to the existing one, instyead of hiding a new question in a 5-year-old thread)

What you describe  - allowing the "use.proxy" to be set dynamically - is not possible. 

A workaround I can think of is to configure two TargetConnections, one of which has use.proxy = true, and one of which has use.proxy = false. Then conditionally route to one of those targets, using RouteRules. 

This may seem to be a heavyweight approach, but i believe it will work functionally, at the cost of one extra TargetEndpoint you must maintain. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Thanks for your question. (And thanks for asking a new question and referring to the existing one, instyead of hiding a new question in a 5-year-old thread)

What you describe  - allowing the "use.proxy" to be set dynamically - is not possible. 

A workaround I can think of is to configure two TargetConnections, one of which has use.proxy = true, and one of which has use.proxy = false. Then conditionally route to one of those targets, using RouteRules. 

This may seem to be a heavyweight approach, but i believe it will work functionally, at the cost of one extra TargetEndpoint you must maintain. 

Thanks!!