service not reachable

Hi there,

when am trying to pass through to the backend which is not reachable. The backend is communicated over TLS/SSL. I defined this backend server in the target server over the 443 port but still the request sent over http by apigee. Do you think we need to import the public certificate of the backend to trust the cert during ssl handshake? Pls advice.

0 5 209
5 REPLIES 5

The truststore (containing the public certificate) is optional in the definition of Targetserver. Here is a sample Targetserver defn that works.

{
"name": "mocktarget",
"host": "mocktarget.apigee.net",
"port": 443,
"isEnabled": true,
"sSLInfo": {
"enabled": true
},
"protocol": "HTTP"
}

Hope this helps.

I did that but got the following error, Proxy refused to create a tunnel with response status 403 not sure why I'm getting this.

Seems to be an environment issue. Your proxy tunnel is not allowing an outbound connection.

Are you having your Apigee in SaaS or in OPDK/Hybrid. If its the later, I would do a simple curl test to mocktarget.apigee.net from the node hosting the message processor or the runtime pod. 

Thanks.

Its hybrid, we don't have access to it do you think it's firewall issue to the backend thats what I suspect.

Yes, its an environment issue. Ask your admins to issue the curl to the mocktarget endpoint to start troubleshooting.

Thanks