secure VPN tunnel to Apigee SaaS (Edge or X?)

Is there a way to set up a secure VPN tunnel b/w Apigee Edge (Public cloud) and on-premise backend systems(Target APIs are not publicly accessible)? @anilsagar 

0 4 598
4 REPLIES 4

No, not with Apigee Edge

You can do that with Apigee X (public cloud). 

Thanks, @dchiesa1 .  Could you please refer to any good documentation for this solution or any reference architecture? Thanks in advance.

I can refer you to good documentation. 

But, good documentation on what, exactly?

EDITED

If you want to connect on-premises networks to your Apigee X, then there are lots of docs available regarding network connectivity at https://cloud.google.com/network-connectivity/docs/concepts 

The important point is that Apigee X runs in Google cloud, and gets its network connectivity from a VPC that you control.  That VPC can be connected for ingress and egress in any way you like.  With VPN, with a direct Interconnect, using Firewalls, Cloud Armor, Internal or External Load balancers, and so on. 

THIS document discusses how to configure Ingress, but not the egress (upstream) connectivity.   You can rely on the "network connectivity" documentation I cited earlier for information on that.

All of this applies to Apigee X, not Apigee Edge.  As I said previously, you cannot connect a VPN into your Apigee Edge environment. All connectivity into Apigee Edge SaaS is via the public internet.   

@dchiesa1 Thanks. Apigee X connects with on-prem, we need to use the Google Cloud Interconnect; In our scenario, most likely, we will choose Dedicated Interconnect.