"Missing" Shared Flow errors for deployed Shared Flow

We use Edge Cloud, and recently deployed a more recent revision of several Shared Flows in our production environment. Since then we've been getting periodic flow.SharedFlowNotFound 500 errors. I've gone through all of the FC references, and verified that they do actually exist, and are deployed in production. Making the exact same call a second time works, but obviously it's not ideal to have the initial error occur.

We have setup alerts for 500 errors, and when we check out Apigee's traffic logs they don't include the flow name in the error - the fault code is simply flow.SharedFlowNotFound. Since we have more than one Shared Flow for the proxy, and more than one that was updated, we're not able to tell exactly which flow is causing the issue.

In the past I've resolved this un-deploying the Shared Flow and re-deploying it. However this creates a gap in availability, which I'd like to avoid.

Are you also experiencing this issue? How did you resolve it (ideally permanently)?

Thanks in advance!

Solved Solved
0 2 719
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Joseph, would it be possible for you to confirm whether you see this issue while the relevant Shared Flows being available in the given environment and they are already in deployed state?

If so, this issue could occur if Shared Flow deployment process fail in all or some of the Message Processors. You could verify this by sending a series of API requests and check whether how many of them fail with this error.

As this issue occurs on Edge Cloud, you may need to contact Apigee Support to investigate this problem. Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Joseph, would it be possible for you to confirm whether you see this issue while the relevant Shared Flows being available in the given environment and they are already in deployed state?

If so, this issue could occur if Shared Flow deployment process fail in all or some of the Message Processors. You could verify this by sending a series of API requests and check whether how many of them fail with this error.

As this issue occurs on Edge Cloud, you may need to contact Apigee Support to investigate this problem. Thanks!

They are available. The errors are intermittent, and when a call is successful, I can see all Shared Flows in the Proxy being successfully called.

Thanks for the advice - I'll file a ticket.