proxy creation through management api

Hi,

I wanted to create the api proxy through management api and I could find two management apis.

1) create api proxy - this only create the api proxy with name. but how can I create the api proxy with at least base url and target url.

2) import the proxy - this is though a zip file which has manual steps.

I just want to create a api proxy with only base path and target url. How can I do that.

Regards,

Krushna

Solved Solved
0 8 382
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable
@krushna.padhee.ap

I see what you are trying to achieve. API proxy is bundle of xml files. The base path configuration goes in proxies/default.xml and target server goes in targets/default.xml by default. So there is no way to create API proxy through management API using JSON body.

But if you are using APIGEE maven plugin then its pretty simple to create APIs. You get rid of manually zipping the file and then call management API, APIGEE maven plugin does this all for you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

are you trying to create a new proxy or you already have a proxy and looking to deploy it via mgmt api ? have you looked in our docs.apigee.com ?

I am creating a new proxy. I have gone through the document. I want to use management api to create an api proxy.

can you paste in the api call you are giving to create your api ?

I know what is in our docs....just trying to understand the curl you are submitting and what xml you are including to define the baseurl etc ?

Hi Christin, as you know, I am using the same thing which apigee provides, do you have some more information for me to handle this scenario.

I want to create a api proxy with base path and target url with the management api without using the zip file uploading concept.

Can i do that with a json body?

Not applicable
@krushna.padhee.ap

I see what you are trying to achieve. API proxy is bundle of xml files. The base path configuration goes in proxies/default.xml and target server goes in targets/default.xml by default. So there is no way to create API proxy through management API using JSON body.

But if you are using APIGEE maven plugin then its pretty simple to create APIs. You get rid of manually zipping the file and then call management API, APIGEE maven plugin does this all for you.

Thanks Vipul. I will try the maven plugin. infact that was my next step only. I was trying to know if there is any other way other than maven.