logging/alerting failure of asynchronous call to splunk

We have api proxy which calls shared flow using flow callout and that shared flow logs data to splunk and its asynchronous.

We need to get notified or logged when this asynchronous call fails .How can we achieve this.

We have proxy which calls shared flow using flow callout and that Shared flow logs data to splunk and it is set as asynchronous.

We need to somehow get notified if the splunk logging fails.How can we achieve this.

0 3 267
3 REPLIES 3

> We need to get notified or logged when this asynchronous call fails .How can we achieve this.

As far as I know this is not currently possible. I would recommend you raise a support case asking for this to be added as a feature request.

I don't think that request is likely to be fulfilled. It ends up being kind of complicated. There are workarounds though! See my answer.

One way to do it is... wrap the Splunk call into an API Proxy. Instead of calling splunk directly from within the SharedFlow, call the API Proxy. (It can be a local target call, which means "fast path"). You can still make it "fire and forget", meaning asynchronous and the SharedFlow ServiceCalout will not wait for a reply.

At that point Splunk is just a target of the 2nd API Proxy.

Then, to understand if the splunk call fails, just monitor that 2nd API Proxy for target errors.