list of validation for Apigee Developer creation.

Not applicable

Please share the full list of validations performed on each field in the Apigee Developer creation page.

https://enterprise.apigee.com/platform/<organization name>/developers-new

Solved Solved
0 4 659
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

@Madhumita Kumari While creating developers, the following validations has been checked:

• firstname, lastname, username and email is not blank(i.e. not null).
  • max size of email is 255
  • email is not already present.(i.e. developer)
  • email is validated against regex pattern.
[a-zA-Z0-9\p{L}!#$%&'*+/=?^_`{|}~-]+(?:\.[a-zA-Z0-9\p{L}!#$%&'*+/=?^_`{|}~-]+)*@(?:[a-zA-Z0-9\p{L}](?:[a-zA-Z0-9-\p{L}]*[a-zA-Z0-9\p{L}])?\.)+[a-zA-Z0-9\p{L}](?:[a-zA-Z0-9-\p{L}]*[a-zA-Z0-9\p{L}])?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hi @Madhumita Kumari can you elaborate what you mean by validations? If they refer to what fields are required vs optional then you can find that here (click on the Description tab).

Not applicable
@Prithpal Bhogill

Currently we are automating Apigee Developer creation and we are facing Unexpected error sometimes. Upon analysing, we came to know that it is failing due to maxlength validations for few fields. This is a sample case. We want details about all validations performed in this page. Please share the full list of validations performed on each field in the Apigee Developer creation page.

https://enterprise.apigee.com/platform/<organization name>/developers-new

Not applicable

@Madhumita Kumari While creating developers, the following validations has been checked:

• firstname, lastname, username and email is not blank(i.e. not null).
  • max size of email is 255
  • email is not already present.(i.e. developer)
  • email is validated against regex pattern.
[a-zA-Z0-9\p{L}!#$%&'*+/=?^_`{|}~-]+(?:\.[a-zA-Z0-9\p{L}!#$%&'*+/=?^_`{|}~-]+)*@(?:[a-zA-Z0-9\p{L}](?:[a-zA-Z0-9-\p{L}]*[a-zA-Z0-9\p{L}])?\.)+[a-zA-Z0-9\p{L}](?:[a-zA-Z0-9-\p{L}]*[a-zA-Z0-9\p{L}])?

We have created a portal to provision developer on apigee. We use APIs to create developer, developer Apps etc. On our portal for creating developer we collect informations like company name, first name, last name etc, same as the ones found on Apigee Management Portail's Add Develop/Company Page. Currently when we give indefinite length for these fields or give special characters, adding Developer fails with an exception saying "Unanticipated Exception". I tried giving similar values from Apigee Developer/Company page and able to get the same exception. We understand that some kind of length or character set validation is applied at the Apigee end. Hence we want to perform the same validations in our portal, inorder to avoid this. Morover "Unanticipated Exception" doesn't give specific information about which field is causing the proble. We would like to know what are the validations applied for the Apigee Developer/Company page for the following fields.

Company Name First Name Last Name Email Username Telephone Address 1 Address 2 City State ZIP Code Country